Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Maturity vs. Age

I think maturity comes with experience.
    What say you people ?
    Punardeep Singh

nice topic seems intriguing

I just came across a quote yesterday and i would like to share that here as my view about the topic dsicussed is simply described in that quote

It says.....

"I have learned that maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you have and what you have learned from them and less to do with how many birthdays you have celebrated..."

That's all
    http://www.desitwist.com/signaturepics/sigpic8918_2.gif
    On the new avenue of life, searching out new horizons..

They get older, but they don't get any smarter.
    But Outlook isn't mature, it's just old. And there is a huge difference.

I agree
    http://www.desitwist.com/signaturepics/sigpic8918_2.gif
    On the new avenue of life, searching out new horizons..

Maturity depends upon age, where age is not an independent variable. Is there an inverse of this equation? well there certainly is, because when maturity grows a person grows and where a person grows time grows and when time grows age grows....
    Dude, thats what calculus has so far taught me. :duno;

Keeping it Versus isnt infact correct at all.Maturity would be quickly defined as something were we reach the supreme height of emotional stability and decision making.

MAturity comes with age,Age comes from maturity.

i definentl agree that maturity has to do with life experiances and what you have learned from them. people who go through traumatic events at young ages can be a lot more mature and different than other kids there age. it depends on the environment, though age sometimes aids in development,. For most humans, age defines how much you have grown physically which can determine some of you abilities and what you can and cannot comprehend. so it is more of a combination.

Is maturity directly propotional to age?

Salam everyone

Do u think that maturity comes with age... like we generally expect teenagers to act ..hmm... like teenagers and a little "older" people soberly? Why do we assign the moods to age groups? Why do we look with surprise if a person of 60 is cheerful and fun loving with a wide eye and a teenager talking abt the philosophy of life like this =>:s:s:s??

How do u measure maturity? Is this measurable?

Wht are the reasons of maturity... is this life experiance? OR listening to ur parents or grandmothers/fathers? Or through books? Or something else?

Suppose if there is high degree maturity in a teen.. then how should she/he balance it with spice... or keep the same mood? Parents want their teen children to grow up and act like adults.. is this ok?? Take the other example, i have personally seen extremely indecisive and immature people in their 40's..:s and i think wht they have learnt from life? (Im not talking abt fun-loving, im talking abt inability to take proper decisions in 40's) ... Is it a sin to be fun-loving at an older age... why???

Finally.. is this a myth that maturity comes with age... or there are exceptions?

The debate is in ur hands!!! Ur comments.