Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Maturity vs. Age

almost everyday we hear the word 'mature'. some people think it has got something to do with age, i find it quite difficult to differentiate between age & maturity. i'll share my points & experiences latters, but for the moment i would like you to share your's.

Thanks
    Dream, I do.

nice thread Adeeloo. I think maturity has nothing to do with the age. it depends on your life and different circumstances u have faced.

yup agree w/zee bhai.. :up;

i'd agree with your points, or should i call it experience? :wink:

what i have perceived so far is that the environment in which you are brought up matters the most, i've seen cases where confidence given resulted in over-confidence, it depends the way we utilize it & most importantly where we utilize it.

coming back to maturity, its more like a shell to me, which i'll have to break-up myself, no one will hammer it for me, and if i keep following in other's shadows, then i'd be dependant & hence useless on the face of earth. parents / guardians play an important role here as well, unfortunately some parents are not as open-minded as my own mother and won't have their child having anything to do with remotely unrealistic stuff ala PC oriented (unrealistic at pakistan). To those young souls my heart goes out to you. You indeed have a rough journey ahead of you, for I and many others have witnessed the repercussions of going against their wishes, to those I say don't wait for the maturity to come to you, just go for it yourself, remember it's better to fail miserably than keep yourself away from that task. If I were speaking to myself in your case I would have ignored this suggestion, like many of you will. Waiting is not a common virtue in youth. so I shall give you my advice, 'Go get It'
    Dream, I do.

Well said all.

I think maturity is a product of age and social life expereinces.

may be age works.....but what i have observed so far is...the circumstances and the way your elder brought up you......
    but i think if it do come with age then it souunds normal....
    but its a thing which is out of control
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3..._girl/Sari.gif

!** I'M CooL.....I MaKe Ice JeaLouS **!

well said..

zeeast sis i'm not getting your last point
    Dream, I do.

i mean to say adeel......
    that no one want to be mature in such an earlly age....
    and no one want to behave like a kid in an old age.....
    it is the suroundings which force him/her to react.....

ohhhh......
    as all ways Endurer.....