Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: ~*Hadith Of The Day~*

Chapter 34
    Recommendations with regard to Women

Allah, the Exalted, says:

"... and live with them honourably". (4:19)

"You will never be able to do perfect justice between wives even if it is your ardent desire, so do not incline too much to one of them (by giving her more of your time and provision) so as to leave the other hanging (i.e., neither divorced nor married). And if you do justice, and do all that is right, and fear Allah by keeping away from all that is wrong, then Allah is Ever Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.'' (4:129)

273. Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: "Take my advice with regard to women: Act kindly towards women, for they were created from a rib, and the most crooked part of a rib is its uppermost. If you attempt to straighten it; you will break it, and if you leave it alone it will remain crooked; so act kindly toward women".
    [Al-Bukhari and Muslim
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3..._girl/Sari.gif

!** I'M CooL.....I MaKe Ice JeaLouS **!

845. Abdullah bin `Amr bin Al-`as (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: A man asked the Messenger of Allah (PBUH): "Which act in Islam is the best?'' He (PBUH) replied, "To give food, and to greet everyone, whether you know or you do not.''
    [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary: Feeding poor and destitute is an act of goodness, and so is fulfilling the needs of the indigent. Greeting everybody (saying `As-Salamu `Alaikum'), whether an acquaintance or a stranger, is a good manner too. Both of these acts generate mutual love and remove hatred and ill will from hearts. All other forms of greetings do not no substitute for Islamic greeting.

846. Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "When Allah created Adam (PBUH), He said to him: `Go and greet that company of angels who are sitting there - and then listen to what they are going to say in reply to your greetings because that will be your greeting and your off-spring's.' Adam (PBUH) said to the angels: `As-Salamu `Alaikum (may you be safe from evil).' They replied: `As-Salamu `Alaikum wa Rahmatullah (may you be safe from evil, and Mercy of Allah be upon you).' Thus adding in reply to him: `wa Rahmatullah (and Mercy of Allah)' to his greeting.''
    [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary: The Islamic form of greeting - As-Salamu `Alaikum (may you be safe from evil) - has been in existence since the days of Prophet Adam. According to some Ahadith, it is better to add in response: wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu (and the Mercy and Blessings of Allah).

25. Abu Malik Al-Harith bin Asim Al-Ash`ar (May Allah be pleased with him) reported that: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: "Wudu' is half of Salah; the utterance of (Al-hamdu lillah - all praise belongs to Allah) fills the Scales of good actions; the utterance of (Subhan Allah wa Al-hamdu lillah) (Allah is far removed from every imperfection and all praise belongs to Allah) fills the space between the heavens and the earth, and Salat (prayer) is light; and charity is the proof of Faith; and endurance is light, and the Qur'an is a plea in your favour or against you. Every person departs; he either ransoms it or puts it into perdition".
    [Muslim].

Commentary:
    1. Piety in all forms is meritorious. And Faith means Faith in its perfect form. Some people are of the opinion that here Faith means Salat. Purification is essential for Salat and this is the reason it is regarded as half of Salat.

2. Excellence of the remembrance of Allah.

3. Inducement for concentration on Salat because it is a light which provides guidance to a Muslim at every step and prevents him from obscenity and unlawful actions.

4. Sadaqah signifies a Muslim's sincerity and devotion.

5. The praiseworthiness of patience. It is a strong weapon of a Muslim which provides him with steadfastness.

6. The Qur'an is a means of salvation as well as destruction for a Muslim. If one acts upon its orders, it becomes a means of his salvation; if he shuns them, it ruins him.

7. One should not leave oneself idle but keep it busy - busy in some noble work, otherwise it would tend to evil which will eventually ruin him.

8. One should spend this transitory earthly life in the obedience of Allah

"The believers are only those who, when Allah is mentioned, feel a fear in their hearts; and when His Verses (this Qur'an) are recited unto them, they (i.e., the Verses) increase their Faith; and they put their trust in their Rubb (Alone).'' (8:2)

74. Ibn `Abbas (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "I was shown the past nations. I saw a Prophet who had a very small group (less than ten in total) with him, another Prophet who was accompanied by only one or two men and some did not have even one. Suddenly I was shown a huge crowd and I thought that they were my Ummah, but I was told: 'This is Musa (Moses) and his people, but look towards the other side.' I looked and beheld a great assemblage. I was told: 'These are your people and amongst them there are seventy thousand who shall enter Jannah without being taken to account or torment". Then the Prophet (PBUH) stood up and went into his apartment, and the Companions began to guess who may be those people who would enter Jannah without any accounting or torment. Some said: "Probably, they are the ones who kept company with Messenger of Allah (PBUH)". Others said: "Probably, they are the ones who have been born as Muslims and have never associated anyone with Allah in worship". Then Messenger of Allah (PBUH) came out and asked, "What are you discussing?'' So they told him. He then said, "They are those who do not make Ruqyah (blowing over themselves after reciting the Qur'an or some prayers and supplications the Prophet (PBUH) used to say) nor seek it, nor perceive omens (i.e., they are not pessimistic) but keep trust in their Rubb (Allah).'' On this 'Ukashah bin Mihsan stood up and asked: "Pray to Allah to make me one of them.'' The Prophet (PBUH) said, "You are one of them.'' Then another man stood up and asked the same thing. The Prophet (PBUH) answered, "'Ukashah has surpassed you".
    [Al-Bukhari and Mulsim].

Commentary:
    1. This Hadith mentions the importance of faith in Allah, inducement for having trust in Him and the distinction of people who have these qualities.

2. Although the practice of blowing over someone after reciting the Qur'an or supplications of the Prophet (PBUH) and medical treatment are permissible but they who avoid them because of their extreme trust in Allah and save themselves from bad omen, enjoy a distinguished position.

3. These conditions of various communities were shown to the Prophet (PBUH) in dreams for the dreams of the Prophets reflect the truth, or by means of Revelation, or he had witnessed them in the event of Isra (the Night Journey) of the Prophet (PBUH).

4. The followers of the Prophet (PBUH) exceed the followers of other Prophets in number.

Allah, the Exalted, says:

"Allah exalts the mention of His Messenger (PBUH) and His angels supplicate Him to do so. O you who believe! supplicate Allah to exalt his mention and to grant him safety and security.

1397. `Abdullah bin `Amr bin Al-`As (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying: "Whoever supplicates Allah to exalt my mention, Allah will exalt his mention ten times.''
    [Muslim].

Commentary: Recitation of Salat upon the Prophet (PBUH) means the recitation of benediction. Such as the one recited in Salat "O Allah, have mercy on Muhammad...)'' It is a prayer for mercy and exaltation of the Prophet (PBUH) which is highly meritorious. (At-Tirmidhi, Hadith Hasan).

76. Ibn `Abbas (May Allah be pleased with them) said: When (Prophet) Ibrahim (Abraham) was thrown into the fire, he said: "Allah (Alone) is sufficient for us, and, He is the Best Disposer of affairs.'' So did Messenger of Allah Muhammad (PBUH) when he was told: "A great army of the pagans had gathered against him, so fear them". But this (warning) only increased him and the Muslims in Faith and they said: "Allah (Alone) is sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs (for us)".
    [Al-Bukhari].

Commentary: Even in the worst circumstances one should always have faith and trust in Allah.

156. Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "Do not ask me unnecessarily about the details of the things which I do not mention to you. Verily, the people before you were doomed because they were used to putting many questions to their Prophets and had differences about their Prophets. Refrain from what I forbid you and do what I command you to the best of your ability and capacity".
    [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Commentary: To be unnecessarily inquisitive and create differences and confusion in the Injunctions of Allah and His Prophet (PBUH) leads to destruction. The safest course lies only in following the Orders of Allah and His Prophet (PBUH) without `ifs' and `buts.' Hairsplitting in religious issues falls in this category. It opens the door for chaos and conflict and paves the way for disunity and separation. May Allah give sense to the Muslim Ummah to abandon this road and take the Right Path which ensures peace and security. Let it be absolutely clear that the Right Path is one and one alone. There cannot be multiple right paths, it is one and singular. Once a community leaves the Straight Path, it is sure to go astray

"And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad (PBUH)) concerning Me, then (answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My Knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor).'' (2:186)

"Is not He (better than your gods) Who responds to the distressed one, when he calls on Him, and Who removes the evil?'' (27:62)

1465. An-Nu`man bin Bashir (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "Du`a (supplication) is worship.''
    [Abu Dawud].

Commentary: What is prayer but an expression of one's humbleness and helplessness before Allah. The expression of one's weakness, inferiority and lowliness before the Infinite Power and Might of Allah is in fact the essence of worshipping Him. For this reason, prayer has been regarded as the essence of worship. Thus, prayer is reserved for Him Alone and it should not be addressed to anyone else in any case. Al-Qadi `Iyad said that Du`a is that act of worship which alone deserves to be referred to as `Ibadah, or worship, because when one observes it, one in fact shows drawing near to Allah, utter dedication to Him and rejection of all that He does not like and approve

1551. Abu Zaid Thabit bin Ad-Dahhak Al-Ansari (May Allah be pleased with him( (he is one of those who gave their pledge of allegiance to the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) under the Tree) said: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "He who swears by a religion other than that of Islam, is like what he has professed. He who kills himself with something, will be tormented with it on the Day of Resurrection. A person is not bound to fulfill a vow about something which he does not possess. Cursing a believer is like murdering him.''
    [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary: "He who swears by a religion other than that of Islam'' here means either of the two things stated here. For instance, if a person says: "If I do such and such, then I am a Christian or a Jew.'' Now if he really intends to embrace Christianity or Judaism, he will immediately become so because his intention to be a Kafir (disbeliever) is Kufr (infidelity) in itself. But if the vow is meant to deny the adoption of other religions and is intended to express his firm resolution to live as a Muslim to the last even then such a vow is undesirable and is a sin for which one must seek Allah's forgiveness.

1542. Ibn Mas`ud (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Truth leads to piety and piety leads to Jannah. A man persists in speaking the truth till he is recorded with Allah as a truthful man. Falsehood leads to transgression and transgression leads to the Hell-fire. A man continues to speak falsehood till he is recorded with Allah as a great liar.''
    [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary:
    1. Whatever attitude one adopts becomes his special trait and then he becomes known by it. Therefore, one should always adopt virtues and good conduct so that he may attain a high esteem with Allah and be also remembered well by people.

2. Truth is the way to salvation while falsehood is the way to destruction.(riyadussaliheen).