Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: ~*Hadith Of The Day~*

From Bukhari as well as Muslim:
    From Hadrat Abu Hujaifa (RA) it is narrated that I found the Rasool Ullah
    (Sall Allah Ho ALaihe Wa Aalihee Wa Sallam) in a red lather tent . and saw
    that Hadrat Bilal(Raddi Allah Ho Ta Ala Anho) was holding the used water
    from the wudu of the Rasool Ullah (Sall Allah Ho Alaihe Wa Aalihee Wa
    Sallam) and people were extrending their hands towards the water. So whoever
    got the water, he rubbed it on his body while whoever did not get it, he got
    the wetness from his companion's hand.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3..._girl/Sari.gif

!** I'M CooL.....I MaKe Ice JeaLouS **!

813. Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: When Messenger of Allah (PBUH) wore a new garment, he would name it. For instance, a turban or shirt or cloak and would supplicate: "Allahumma lakal-hamdu, Anta kasautanihi, as`aluka khairahu wa khaira ma suni`a lahu, wa a`udhu bika min sharrihi wa sharri ma suni`a lahu (O Allah, all the praise is for You that You have given it to me to put on. I ask You its goodness and the goodness of the purpose for which it was made, and I seek Your Protection from its evil and the evil of the purpose for which it was made).''
    [Abu Dawud and At-Tirmidhi].

Commentary: This Hadith tells us that we should recite the invocation taught by Messenger of Allah (PBUH) on wearing a new dress. Imam An-Nawawi argues that on wearing a new pair of shoes or something like that one should also recite this prayer

Volume 2, Book 21, Number 221:

Narrated Ibn Abbas:

When the Prophet got up at night to offer the Tahajjud prayer, he used to say: Allahumma lakal-hamd. Anta qaiyimus-samawati wal-ard wa man fihinna. Walakal-hamd, Laka mulkus-samawati wal-ard wa man fihinna. Walakal-hamd, anta nurus-samawati wal-ard. Walakalhamd, anta-l-haq wa wa'duka-l-haq, wa liqa'uka Haq, wa qualuka Haq, wal-jannatu Han wan-naru Haq wannabiyuna Haq. Wa Muhammadun, sallal-lahu'alaihi wasallam, Haq, was-sa'atu Haq. Allahumma aslamtu Laka wabika amantu, wa 'Alaika tawakkaltu, wa ilaika anabtu wa bika khasamtu, wa ilaika hakamtu faghfir li ma qaddamtu wama akh-khartu wama as-rartu wama'a lantu, anta-l-muqaddim wa anta-l-mu akh-khir, la ilaha illa anta (or la ilaha ghairuka). (O Allah! All the praises are for you, You are the Holder of the Heavens and the Earth, And whatever is in them. All the praises are for You; You have the possession of the Heavens and the Earth And whatever is in them. All the praises are for You; You are the Light of the Heavens and the Earth And all the praises are for You; You are the King of the Heavens and the Earth; And all the praises are for You; You are the Truth and Your Promise is the truth, And to meet You is true, Your Word is the truth And Paradise is true And Hell is true And all the Prophets (Peace be upon them) are true; And Muhammad is true, And the Day of Resurrection is true. O Allah ! I surrender (my will) to You; I believe in You and depend on You. And repent to You, And with Your help I argue (with my opponents, the non-believers) And I take You as a judge (to judge between us). Please forgive me my previous And future sins; And whatever I concealed or revealed And You are the One who make (some people) forward And (some) backward. There is none to be worshipped but you . Sufyan said that 'Abdul Karim Abu Umaiya added to the above, 'Wala haula Wala quwata illa billah' (There is neither might nor power except with Allah).

(translation of SAHI BUKHARI).

1376. Mu`awiyah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah said, "When Allah wishes good for someone, He bestows upon him the understanding of Deen.''
    [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary: Knowledge and understanding of Deen (religion) here stands for the understanding of the Qur'an and Hadith, religious injunctions, and knowledge of the lawful and the unlawful. This Hadith highlights the excellence of knowledge and the fact that it is a sign of Allah's Help to the person who possesses it and acts upon it.

RIYAD USSALIHEEN.

Volume 3, Book 43, Number 620:

Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri:

Allah's Apostle said, "When the believers pass safely over (the bridge across) Hell, they will be stopped at a bridge in between Hell and Paradise where they will retaliate upon each other for the injustices done among them in the world, and when they get purified of all their sins, they will be admitted into Paradise. By Him in Whose Hands the life of Muhammad is everybody will recognize his dwelling in Paradise better than he recognizes his dwelling in this world."

(TRANSLATION OF SAHI BUKHARI).

158. Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Everyone of my Ummah will enter Jannah except those who refuse". He was asked: "Who will refuse?'' He (PBUH) said, "Whoever obeys me, shall enter Jannah, and whosoever disobeys me, refuses to (enter Jannah)".
    [Al-Bukhari].

Commentary: The word Ummah here stands for the community which accepted the invitation of the Prophet (PBUH), that is to say, the people who on his call embraced Islam. Out of this community who follow him faithfully will go to Jannah

1809. Rib`i bin Hirash (May Allah be pleased with him) said: I accompanied Abu Mas`ud Al-Ansari to Hudaifah bin Al-Yaman (May Allah be pleased with them). Abu Mas`ud said to him: "Tell us what you heard from the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) about Dajjal (the Antichrist).'' Hudaifah said: He (PBUH) said, "Dajjal will appear, and with him will be water and fire. That which people consider to be water will in fact be a burning fire, and that which people will consider to be fire will in fact be cool and sweet water. He who from amongst you happens to face him, should jump into that which he sees as fire for that will be nice and sweet water.'' Abu Mas`ud said: "I have also heard this from the Messenger of Allah (PBUH).''
    [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]