Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My poems

OMG! Did someone say Poems?

What is Poetry? A short piece of imaginative writing, of a personal nature and laid out in lines is the usual answer. Will that do? *scratching head vigorously*.

Where is literary techniques such as 'Meter', 'Metaphor', and 'Rhyme'?

Is breaking/arranging 'anything' into lines enough to call it a Poem? Is this what you call Poetry?

Muzi all you did is to break/arrange thoughts into lines. Aww Muzi you killed the spirit of Poetry
    “Other than my own soul I never found a faithful friend, other than my own heart I never found a confidant.” - Zaheer-ud-din Muhammad Babar

oh ok man im sorry ill rememba tht da nxt tym im writin out ma feelings....nd to tink if ne1 evn cares bout dem?

Quote Originally Posted by Muzi, post: 216669
    oh ok man im sorry ill rememba tht da nxt tym im writin out ma feelings....nd to tink if ne1 evn cares bout dem?
    Hey Muzi! Don't try to get me wrong. I think, I very lovingly tried to make you understand (somewhat) what poetry is all about. I liked reading your thoughts and feelings, but there's a great great difference between prose and poetry. What you wrote has characteristic of prose than of poetry.

Anything written in ordinary form of written or spoken english, without meter and metaphor and rhythm is Prose. And Poetry is a composition written in metrical feet forming rhythmical lines. That's all I wanted you to understand.

Hope this 'll help you understand it better.

Peace! God Bless!!
    “Other than my own soul I never found a faithful friend, other than my own heart I never found a confidant.” - Zaheer-ud-din Muhammad Babar

Very nice Muzi my friend
    U write nicely...I think if u write about ur own experiences it always comes out better...keep it up and keep sharing with us:thumbs:
    ~Ye Dard Ka Tufaan Guzra kyu nahi..Dil Toot Gayaa Hai To Bikhra kyu nahi..Ek Hi Shakhs Ko Chahta Hai kyu Itna..Koi Dusra Is Dil Me Utarta kyu nahi~

post all ur poems in original poetry section..ok..