Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most Beautiful Word...

British Council reports that Mother is the Most Beautiful Word in the English Language. This is according to a survey of over 40,000 overseas voters and learners of English at their teaching centres. The survey was conducted to coincide with their 70th anniversary celebrations in 2004.

As per their survey, the top ten most beautiful words in the English language are as follows:

Mother
    Passion
    Smile
    Love
    Eternity
    Fantastic
    Destiny
    Freedom
    Liberty
    Tranquillity

They have compiled a list of the 70 most beutiful words on the site. Though mother is the most beautiful english word, the word ‘father’ does not figure anywhere in their top 70 list!
    ~Ye Dard Ka Tufaan Guzra kyu nahi..Dil Toot Gayaa Hai To Bikhra kyu nahi..Ek Hi Shakhs Ko Chahta Hai kyu Itna..Koi Dusra Is Dil Me Utarta kyu nahi~

Wow! Is se ziyada fakhar ki baat kya hosakti hai

Thanks for sharing Yasra :hug; Keep coming wid such wonderful stuff :up;

thanx guys, glad u liked
    ~Ye Dard Ka Tufaan Guzra kyu nahi..Dil Toot Gayaa Hai To Bikhra kyu nahi..Ek Hi Shakhs Ko Chahta Hai kyu Itna..Koi Dusra Is Dil Me Utarta kyu nahi~

i think maaa...
    Ramadan Kareem to everyone ...

great post.......

wow very nice sharin' sis keep sharin' such posts!
    wOrK SmaRt NoT HaRd......

thanx everyone...

its astonishing to find that mother took its first place n there is no trace of father in the 70 words....thanks 4 sharing this survey...keep it up...:up;