Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flash Basics

2- Frames
    These are movie frames through which contain a little picture.When these pictures are put together, the objects move.According to our settings...

In Flash, the frames are found in the timeline at the top of the screen. They are numbered every five frames, so u can find ur way around.
    Look at the diagram-to get the better idea..

Have a quick look at each of these...
    Frame – Animation is all about frames.

KeyFrame – this is where important events in the timeline occur. For example, if you wanted to make a circle change to a square, you’d put a circle in one KeyFrame and a square in the other and use a tween on the frames between them.

Layers – We'll stop by these later...

The Indicator – This tells you which frame you are looking at.

Actions – These frames have an Actionscript code embedded to make the movie do interesting things.

Named KeyFrames – These are just as they appear. A name is given to distinguish the frame when pieces of Actionscript refer to it. But these really aren’t important. It’s just another useless feature of Flash that we won’t be dealing with. Hard luck.

Use F6 to insert a new KeyFrame, or F7 to insert a blank KeyFrame. Just click and drag frames to make them longer or shorter.

Just draw an object...
    ...press F6 to add a new KeyFrame...
    ... and then move the object to create movement.
    Do this a few times and you should see your shape move! Use Enter to see your creation move...

4-Shape Tween

A Tween is simply a change in a shape in some way – whether that’s in shape, size, or location on the stage.

1- Put an object in frame one by selecting the oval tool from the tool box...if u want to change the color..u can by making changes in the property box.
    (we are planning to change the circle into square ....and for that i need shape tween. This is fairly simple.

2-
    I chose frame 30 u can choose this or some other..Now on 30 right click and select Insert keyframe.

and then it will look like this

3-now select ur subselection tool from the Tool box and select ur circle....
    like this

it will then some wat look like this...

and press del key...dont worry the image will not be deleted we have it in our 1st frame..

4- Select the rectangle tool from the tool box...and draw it on the stage...u can change the color in properties box...i used blue..

5-Select all the frame (click and drag):

6-On the properties panel – scroll down under tween and select “shape”.

7- Press Enter to test the movie and you should have your first animation!

u r always welcome....if u find any problem in this..do let me know..

nice sharing.. magar i find flash bit boring.. bohot complicated ho jata ha :s

magar results kafi ache ate hein

yes khawab ho jata hai ....lekin is se animation kafi achi hoti hai...when i waz learning...i enjoyed it then.....and i will surely agree with u on this..

5-A little about layers.
    One thing flash has in common (layers) is that it allows u to have more than one thing in a fram in a specific order.U can have background in one layer and the action in another layer ...To create a layer press the white button with + sign...U can also change the order of the layers by clicking and dragging...Each objects needs to have its own layer so that we may not get confused.

There are 3 main types of layers
    1- Ordinary layer - These are the standard layers you use all the time..What ever u draw will appear on this screen.
    2- Motion guide layers- These have one set purpose - to move an object along a given path. we will example abt it later.
    3- Mask layers - As the name suggests it is a mask in which u cannot see the actual object in the layer, They act as a window.
    To perform tween more than once, one need to hve the objects in seperate layers.

A) Using layers
    Take the example of the above tween example...
    here make a new layer by pressing new layer icon.

In that case we drew the circle to the left and rectangle to the right...but in this case In New Layer try to draw a cicle at the top and rectangle at the bottom ....just the same way we did in that...as an example click here
    and see the result..
    now comes masking..

B) Masking
    To understand masking lets analyze this example...
    In ur new document...draw a circle

Then Create new layer by pressing new layer in ur layer window..and draw a long thin rectangle on top of the circle.

Right click on the layer with the rectangle..most probably the layer '2'. and select 'Mask'

u hve noticed somethin odd happens, the areas not covered by the rectangle disappear, giving somethin like this.

This is really useful when doing various effects. Anything you do in the masked layer, whether a tween or anything else, can only be seen if it is behind the mask.

day by day... I am learning flash just bcoz of you .. thax alott for posting
    Thank you so much