Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Munna Bhai Chale Amrika

i hope it would come this year

“I work by instinct”

Sulekha Nair
    Posted online: Friday, February 09, 2007 at 0000 hours IST

Munnabhai is off to America, in director Rajkumar Hirani’s third part of the Munnabhai series, titled Munnabhai Chala Amrika. It is in the scripting stage. So, predictably the Big Apple will be at the receiving end of Munnabhai’s and Circuit’s madness.

Rajkumar Hirani also writing a satire on the education system because he is angry about what is happening in that sphere. When something bothers Hirani a lot, he does what he does best - make a film. He’s writing this script too.

Says Hirani, “I don’t understand why we learn what we do for most of it is of no use to us in our careers. To get a grade, students learn just about everything and later none of this is relevant. Grades become more important than learning.”

Will Munnabhai, the goon with a golden heart, who gave Hirani a famous address in filmdom, don the mantle of rehauling the education system in the country? “No,” says Hirani. “I will be casting three boys as students instead.” So, will Munabhai pip the students to the film post? “I don’t know. Whichever script finishes first will get on the floors.”

What dictates the subject of a Hirani film? “Anything that I feel intensely from within does; and if that feeling persists while I am writing, then I go with it. One’s experiences in life, be it first-hand, or even from books are all put back into whatever creative process one is involved with.” The MBBS students in Nagur, the city that Hirani hails from, were the point of reference for his maiden film Munnabhai MBBS.

Both his films were written by him. Is it important for a director to write his own screenplay? “Not at all. I would love to work with an original script. I get so many scripts a day but none of them inspires me. If I get a good inspiring script, then I will be most happy to make it into a film. Writing a script consumes so much of time. It would be so much easier to get a good script and then work on the film.”

Serious subjects with a humorous twist is a Hirani trademark. So is he aiming at creating a social impact? “It is never a conscious move,” he says. “I don’t see myself as a crusader who is out to give a message to the world. When I make a film, the yardstick is my mind. If I laugh at the jokes and feel sad at the serious undersides, then the subject works. I go by my instinct.”

Though he admits that social impact is not a blip on his mental radar, the stupendous applause that follows his films must be heartening.

He laughs and admits, “Of course it is. Any art form must be appreciated. However, I don’t want to do anything and everything to get it. I would never put a joke that is in bad taste, or a line with double-meaning or an ‘item’ song to perk the film. For me, making a film is a matter of finding a right mix that is entertaining and touches one’s heart. I am not on a trip to change the world.” But he sure can’t help doing just that with every film.

http://www.screenindia.com/fullstory...ntent_id=14852
    http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/4091/69423957gy5.jpg
    On Independence Day Here's wising our dreams of a new tomorrow come true for us NOW AND ALWAYS!

Munnabhai and Circuit learn English to go to America

Munnabhai M.B.B.S and Lage Raho Munnabhai were super hit films and the audiences were extremely touched by the concept of Gandhigiri in the latter. As soon as the second part was out, there was already talk of the third sequel. And although producer Vidhu Vinod Chopra and Rajkumar Hirani are yet scripting the third sequel, they have already formed an idea or background for the third film in the series. Producer Chopra wants to incorporate a promo of the next film titled Munnabhai Chale Amrika in his directorial venture Eklavya which was recently shot at Karjat.

The promo is based around both Munnabhai and Circuit learning English for their journey to America. Sanjay and Arshad have shot for the promo and are extremely excited to get started on the third series. The Munnabhai-Circuit duo hopes to be able to create the charm once more onscreen with their third series Munnabhai Chale Amrika. Earlier there were talks that the film is based on Munnabhai meeting George Bush, but both producer and director are keeping quiet about the main story idea of the film at this point. Well we can’t wait to watch the promo of the third sequel and give us a clue of what the film is about.
    http://www.bollywoodmantra.com/1490_...o-america.html
    On Independence Day Here's wising our dreams of a new tomorrow come true for us NOW AND ALWAYS!

First feelers of 'Talisman' and 'Munnabhai Chale Amerika'

By Gaurav Malani (IndiaFM News Bureau), February 16, 2007 - 10:18 IST

I hate Vidhu Vinod Chopra for doing this to us poor audiences. Every film from the Vidhu Vinod Chopra banner promises entertainment and we look forward to relish each of these cinematic experiences. And each time when you reach the brink of satisfaction with his films, he sets your mind to unrest with anticipation for more through the trailers of his upcoming films clubbed with his current film.

He did that with Parineeta making you look forward to Lagey Raho Munnabhai. And with Lagey Raho Munnabhai he made your longing for Eklavya eager. With Eklavya he doubles your expectations from his banner, showing trailers of Munnabhai Chale Amerika and Talisman ? two diverse and promising projects.

Over to the first feelers of teasers of the two films…

Munnabhai Chale Amerika: Save America

The third installment from the Munnabhai and Circuit series, in this episode both Munna and Circuit are preparing to go to America. The trailer opens showing both Munnabhai (Sanjay Dutt) and Circuit (Arshad Warsi) in their trademark tapoori outfits of an orange shirt and a black kurta respectively. Both are reading a book ?How to learn English in 30 days?. With their dreams to go America, learning English obviously becomes an important requisite for them. So both the characters are struggling to learn the Queen?s language thus creating a lot of confusion with their ?desi? dialect.

Just for instance check a few of their Hindi lines translated into English

How will they give their address?
    In Hindi: Dhobhi ghat
    In English: Wash-ington

How will they express their happiness?
    In Hindi: Khushi ke maare mera seena phul gaya
    In English: Out of happiness my chest turned into breast

Tapori slang
    In Hindi: hawa aan de
    In English: Let the air force come in

Bambaiya language
    In Hindi: khopche main leke deo kya kharcha paani
    In English: I will take you out for date and pay for it

There are a few more of their hilarious one-liners that just make you wonder what will actually happen when they reach America. The trailer however is only restricted till their homework in India and doesn?t delve into foreign shores. In terms of its format it very much reminds of the first teaser of Lagey Raho Munnabhai that showed Munna and Circuit talking about Mahatma Gandhi.

?Save America? ? they are coming soon.

http://www.indiafm.com/features/2007/02/16/2261/

Munnabhai all set to fly to America

Anamika Chatterjee

New Delhi, February 16, 2007
    He is the man who made the rediscovery of the Mahatma fashionable among Gen Z in its latter day avatar, Gandhigiri. But Rajkumar Hirani, director of the laugh riot Lage Raho Munnabhai, insists that he is “a simple man who just loves his work.”

The balancing act:
    “I certainly want to convey a social message, but without compromising on entertainment,” he asserts. But this does not take any thing away from the director who is all set to complete the hat-trick with Munnabhai Chale Amerika.

“The film will be a comment on the East-West divide and how each is perceived.” While Sanjay Dutt and Arshad Warsi will take the story forward, Hirani plans to cast an American actress for the female lead.

Road ahead:
    Although Munnabhai films have turned out to be a huge phenomenon, the director plans to move beyond the Munnabhai genre. “I am doing another film under the Vidhu Vinod Chopra banner, which will take a look at the education system with the humour quotient intact.”

True lies?
    Lage Raho... is a major contender for most of the prestigious awards this year, pitted against the blockbuster Rang De Basanti. So is there a rivalry? “Not at all. Honestly, I will not be disappointed if I don’t get any award,” he says. Honest, indeed!
    http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/1...1100030001.htm

here´s the Munna Bhai Chale America trailer...it´s not the best quality but its ok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU3AS9ZedeM

Munna flips for a gori mem!
    By Taran Adarsh, February 20, 2007 - 03:38 IST

Here’s a major scoop and like always, it’s on IndiaFM first!

Post LAGE RAHO MUNNABHAI, Rajkumar Hirani is planning two films. One, a fresh subject, a non-Munnabhai film. The other, MUNNABHAI CHALE AMERIKA. If you’ve watched EKLAVYA – THE ROYAL GUARD, you must’ve enjoyed the curtain raiser of the third installment in the Munna series. It depicts Munna and Circuit’s attempts to learn English before they embark on a journey to the U.S.

What’s the noise about Hirani signing Ranbir Kapoor for a love story? “Let me clear this. Rishi Kapoor had approached me soon after LAGE RAHO MUNNABHAI. He wanted me to cast Ranbir in this film. But I haven’t signed him. I haven’t completed writing the script yet,” the soft-spoken Hirani divulges, “Sure, I am starting a non-Munnabhai film. I was keen to take a break after making two Munnabhai films back to back. But the casting is undecided,” he adds.

Meanwhile, the casting of MUNNABHAI CHALE AMERIKA is also unclear [barring Sanju and Arshad, of course]. “I am working on the characters,” he states, putting to rest all speculation about Vidya Balan featuring in this film. “No, Vidya isn’t part of this film. This time, Munna falls in love with an American. We are casting a blonde as Munna’s love interest,” he says.

Munna and Circuit are brands. “It’s like the Laurel-Hardy series. They continue with their escapades with new people in every chapter/episode. Similarly, Munna and Circuit will continue with their adventures, but the faces will be different every time. Boman Irani? He has been an integral part of the first two films and I am trying to fit him in the third installment. He’ll be there, I think,” he states.

Hirani doesn’t harbor any aspirations of turning a producer or making films for someone else other than Vidhu Vinod Chopra. “The equations with Vidhu are fantastic. He gives me all the freedom to make the movies I envision. Why should I look somewhere else?” he avers. Valid point!
    http://www.indiafm.com/news/2007/02/20/8925/index.html

I hope people learn from such pics and "remember it

not just go and watch movies and come out of the theater and forget about it.

can't wait to see the movie

I just saw the trailers and its very good.