Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Munna Bhai Chale Amrika

Munna, Circuit head to Amrika

Mumbai: Barely five months after a heady dose of Gandhigiri, Munnabhai and Circuit are back in action again - this time, making plans for their American adventure.

Even though the script for Munnabhai Chale Amrika is not ready yet, they are busy shooting a teaser for what to expect from their first trip abroad.

Says actor, Sanjay Dutt, "It's just a concept, we have to script it. But for sure we are going to America. There can be many things that can happen - during immigration, on the streets. I don't know what Raju (Rajkumar Hirani) is going to write, but I bet it'll be really good."

Adds director, Rajkumar Hirani, "They have an agenda, but I don't want to reveal it. As of now they're learning English to go to America."

"The first step for the two is trying to learn English, which is going to be quite funny. I think it's going to be great fun," says actor, Arshad Warsi.

The teasers will hit the silver-screen alongside the much awaited film Eklavya, on February 16.

And if you thought that Munna and Circuit have endeared themselves only to the masses, think again, for they mean a lot to those who created them as well.

Says Arshad Warsi, "If it wasn't for me as part of the two, I would still say they are the most entertaining couple ever. I think these two are so good together. There is so much chemistry."

Adds Sanjay Dutt, "Munna and Circuit are like brothers, family, friends - .there can be no better relation than that. They are just too close to my heart."

In fact, their popularity has spread so far and wide that even Oscar-nominated Hollywood star Ralph Fiennes dropped in on the sets.

While the shoot for the third film will commence in October this year, director Rajkumar Hirani promises many more adventures for the lovable goons ahead.

"These characters are so lovable that I think they should live for as long as possible. Something like Charlie Chaplin and Laurel & Hardy," says he.

Jaadu ki Jhappi (magic hug) and Gandhigiri were magic potions that healed India. Munna & Circuit are now headed to America to cure the world, but the audiences will have to wait until next year to share their adventures.

This article was taken from moneycontrol.com
    http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/4091/69423957gy5.jpg
    On Independence Day Here's wising our dreams of a new tomorrow come true for us NOW AND ALWAYS!

thanks for the info...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wow! Achii movies theen pehli dono...looking forward to part III

Another laugh-riot on the anvil

Sunday, January 28, 2007 18:57 IST

Director Rajkumar Hirani began shooting the trailer for the third installment of the ‘Munnabhai’ series (after ‘Munnabhai MBBS’ and ‘Lage Raho Munnabhai’) last week in Karjat. The Sanjay Dutt-Arshad Warsi starrer is titled ‘Munnabhai Chale Amerika’.

Hirani said, “We’re trying to take the Gandhigiri concept a step further and compare it with western concepts. Munna (Sanjay) and Circuit (Arshad), not knowing English and trying to adjust to life in Times Square or the White House in the US, will ensure that it’s a complete laugh-riot.”

Arshad added, “It’s great to shoot ‘Munnabhai’ again. I can’t wait for the film to begin. We are like a family now. Although there is no bound script at present, I’m sure the director will do justice to our roles.”

Sanjay said, “People love to watch Munnabhai even though he is a ‘Bhai’. It’s because he is an innocent man and that innocence endears him to the audiences.”

Producer Vidhu Vinod Chopra was accompanied by Hollywood actor Ralph Fiennes, whom he had invited to the sets. Chopra said, “The movie will tackle President George Bush’s principles, just like we showcased Gandhiji’s principles in ‘Lage Raho…’.

I thank the public for accepting Munnabhai. There is no question of a burnout of the series because the love for Munnabhai keeps on growing everyday.”

The shooting is expected to begin after six months. The film will mostly be shot in the US.

[www.dnaindia.com]
    On Independence Day Here's wising our dreams of a new tomorrow come true for us NOW AND ALWAYS!

This one sure will be a rocker!

Great I loved the 2 movies...cant wait to c the third
    ~Ye Dard Ka Tufaan Guzra kyu nahi..Dil Toot Gayaa Hai To Bikhra kyu nahi..Ek Hi Shakhs Ko Chahta Hai kyu Itna..Koi Dusra Is Dil Me Utarta kyu nahi~