Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Valentines

As long as you don't partake in the religious aspects of these holidays, it's fine to me. We celebrate birthdays, and this is not apart of our culture. Yet, we do it for fun and amusement.
    Get off my back

valentine day is not a festival
    there are fathers day,mothers day,teachers day even aids day
    y not a day for lovers
    don't u celebrate school day .
    don't bring religion in to every thing
    to celebrate or not leave it to the individual
    incidentally the BJP and Sivsena are against Valentine
    we label them fanatics
    u make me happy

Quote Originally Posted by dsjeya, post: 243820
    don't bring religion in to every thing
    to celebrate or not leave it to the individual
    incidentally the BJP and Sivsena are against Valentine
    we label them fanatics
    plz can you make a list for us that where should we bring religon n where not
    Thnx in advance

manni9
    religion is a personal thing
    between the individual and the God almighty
    God do not need mortal human beings to safe guard Him and His intrest
    u make me happy

Quote Originally Posted by dsjeya, post: 244450
    manni9
    religion is a personal thing
    between the individual and the God almighty
    God do not need mortal human beings to safe guard Him and His intrest
    Well Religon is not there just to pray in a mosque or n a Temple,cauz God don't need our prayes for this sake he have enough angels.He created world so that we can live according to his rules.Religon is something which have to be lived n not just prayed.

religion for peace and harmony
    not for don't dress like that
    don't enjoy etc,etc
    we pray for favors from God
    u make me happy

Quote Originally Posted by dsjeya, post: 244565
    religion for peace and harmony
    not for don't dress like that
    don't enjoy etc,etc
    we pray for favors from God
    Who said not to enjoy??
    But do u think that we can't enjoy without alcohol n stuff.
    We should enjoy but in limits,n God have made these limits for us.

we are talking about valentine not about alcohol or drugs
    what is wrong in lovers celebrating valentine
    in what way it affects religion
    love is permissible ,lovers day not
    is it not hypocrisy manni my learned friend
    u make me happy

Quote Originally Posted by uSeLeSs, post: 241664
    Hi all,
    What do u think of Valentines Day as a Muslim?
    If you just do to for the sake of it, do you see us doing Halloween and Easter as well ?
    Hello,
    Before getting into this topic...i must clear the background and the origin of this eid ul hubb (the valentine's day) celebration.

The Romans had a festival named Lupercalia and they used to celebrate it on the 15th February every year. On that day they offered sacrifices to their supposed god named "Lurks" to protect their cattle and the like from being killed by wolves. They celebrated this festival during the spring holidays according to their calculations.

During the thirteenth century the day of this festival was changed to February 14th. There was an incident that led to this change in the day for this celebration. In the thirteenth century a Roman Emperor Claudius II, forbade his soldiers to marry because marriage would involve them in family life and cause them to lose interest in fighting.

A catholic priest named Valentine revolted against this emperor's order and performed weddings for the soldiers secretly. After a while his disobedience was discovered and he was imprisoned. While in prison he fell in love with the jailer's daughter. On February 14th he was executed. After his death people believed that he had sacrificed himself for the sake of Christianity and to save lovers. Subsequently the church elevated him to Sainthood and February 14th came to be observed as Saint Valentine's Day.

What do u think of Valentines Day as a Muslim?
    Being a Muslim ...and after been disclosed by the origin of the valentine's day i dont think i will celebrate it ever again...Although i know that Islam is the religion of love which insists on having good relations with all the members of the society...
    "The feasts are Islamic rituals just like facing the Qiblah and fasting. There is no difference in participating in their feasts or in their whole religion because approving their feasts means approving their disbelief since the feasts are the special symbols of religions.'The Prophet did not approve the feast of Jaahiliyyah (pre-Islamic period). Anas reported that the Prophet came to Madeenah with two days they played in. The Prophet asked: 'What are these two days?' They said: 'These are two days we used to play in in our Jaahiliyyah'. The Prophet said: 'Allaah has replaced them with two better days: Eid Al-Adh-Haa and Eid Al-Fitr." "

This is wat i also think..

If you just do to for the sake of it, do you see us doing Halloween and Easter as well ?

will not do it ever again hopefully.....

Quote Originally Posted by dsjeya, post: 245413
    we are talking about valentine not about alcohol or drugs
    what is wrong in lovers celebrating valentine
    in what way it affects religion
    love is permissible ,lovers day not
    is it not hypocrisy manni my learned friend
    well i just wannted to tell you that we can't we can't say that it's fun don't bring religon here .