Thread: Should "too thin" models be banned?

In the light of recent deaths of models which sent shock waves across the fashion industry, do you think "too thin" models should be banned?
    http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/4091/69423957gy5.jpg
    On Independence Day Here's wising our dreams of a new tomorrow come true for us NOW AND ALWAYS!

i saw a English teenager she is so thin i thought she is having a serious illness
    but that is the fashion she said
    u make me happy

They definitely should be banned. Many models and wannabe models abuse their bodies just to look like a broom stick. The fashion industry seems to be taking this more seriously, and some major shows have banned models for being too thin. There's still a long way to go, since it hasn't been enforced majority of the shows.. but it's a start.

This topic reminds me of Iffat Rahim (Pakistani model).

On a serious note, instead of banning these models, the fashion industry should revise it's rules a bit. Afterall, they are the ones who demand thin models at the first place.
    Dream, I do.

I have heard ke last moth ekk brasilian model ka under wait honne ki wajah say intekaal ho gaya.
    Mere khayal say unhe ban nahi bulke unn ka ilaaj kera ke doosra chance denna chahiye,after all woh loog fashion industry ki maan gki wajah hi say ittni slim hooti hain.

The whole 'size 0' craze is mad. Young girls look up to models/actresses and want to be like them, so much so that they are prepared to do anything to get to the same size as these models, putting themselves in danger. So yes, i think they should ban these oh so skinny models, and bring lush curvacious models onto the catwalks

oh here all we agree
    u make me happy

I was watching this show on VH1 called 'the agency' and basically they were telling all of these skinny girls that they were too fat and that they needed to lose more weight. I think it's time that people start voicing out about this behavior but I honestly think that it will be a long time before the fashion industry will really start to support bigger models. they've all been programmed to think that thinner is better and they've been programmed that way for awhile.
    Jaleesa ?'s the Atlanta Braves
    [Similar Minds | Myspace]

becoz they starve their bodies to keep in this shape!!
    http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/4091/69423957gy5.jpg
    On Independence Day Here's wising our dreams of a new tomorrow come true for us NOW AND ALWAYS!