Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question!

This may seem like a really stupid question. but imma ask it anyways lol

is there anyway a person cud tell where an email is being sent from?? Aiight the thing is a friend of mine is talkin to sum guy - jus a random dude.. but she thinks she knows who he is they email each other back and forth.

She was wonderin if theres anyway she cud find otu where the emails are comin from - like City or whose computer or what not.

I dont think its possible... cus if it was.. wouldnt such things as online pervs or what not be caught.. or those low lives who create virsus be caught and get some sorta fine or what not.

If someone cud jus answer my question.. greatly appreciated
    The Truth About Girls... Fine NeveR Means a Good ThinG

--------------------------

(K) <<< --- For Life!

honestly ppl 20 views and not one reply.??

its a yes its possible or no its not!!!

geez i feel stupid for replyin to others posts.

(K) <<< --- For Life!

It's possible only IF it's not being sent by a free e-dress account.. you can traceroute the servers e.t.c. Take a look in the email headers for further information on emails that you've received.
    Dream, I do.

thanks i appreciate you respondng to my topic.

so if one is receiving an email from a hotmail account theres no way to find out where its coming from?

(K) <<< --- For Life!

Yes, it's impossible.. unless you're a sys admin at MSN.
    Dream, I do.

It's possible even on 'Hotmail Accounts'! Will write about it in my next post. 'til then Enjoy!
    “Other than my own soul I never found a faithful friend, other than my own heart I never found a confidant.” - Zaheer-ud-din Muhammad Babar

Really? I can't wait to read that.
    Dream, I do.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiCa, post: 214693
    thanks i appreciate you respondng to my topic.

so if one is receiving an email from a hotmail account theres no way to find out where its coming from?

Go to your inbox (MSN) in the right hand upper corner you'll see 'Options' click on it and after clicking it, you will see various mail options there on the second grid you'll see this >> Mail Display Settings Click on it and then in the 'Mail Display Settings (this is where you customise your hotmail account settings) you'll see >> 'Message Headers' Check the 'Full' option. Scroll down and click 'OK'. Voila!! You'll be able to see the I.P. address of the sender or from where the mail has been originated. All you've to do now is to trace that I.P.

I hope I've answered the question.

God Bless!

P.S. If you don't know how to trace I.P. ask Endurer...Aap bhi tou kuch karein Endi Babe
    “Other than my own soul I never found a faithful friend, other than my own heart I never found a confidant.” - Zaheer-ud-din Muhammad Babar

Nutter bro mails are originated from servers (not ISP assigned IP addresses) so you can't get any PID info from the email headers IF the email sender used a free email address (like yahoo, gmail, live) for that message.

The X-originating IP is that of hotmails server. Here's an example that proves my claim:

I received an email from my friend Adeel a day earlier. The header says:

Code:
    MIME-Version: 1.0 
    X-Originating-IP: [65.54.246.110] 
    X-Originating-Email: [********@hotmail.com]
    Here's the IP WhoIS: 65.54.246.110]

OrgName: Microsoft Corp
    OrgID: MSFT
    Address: One Microsoft Way
    City: Redmond
    StateProv: WA
    PostalCode: 98052

NetRange: 65.52.0.0 - 65.55.255.255
    CIDR: 65.52.0.0/14
    NetName: MICROSOFT-1BLK
    NetHandle: NET-65-52-0-0-1
    Parent: NET-65-0-0-0-0
    NetType: Direct Assignment
    NameServer: NS1.MSFT.NET
    NameServer: NS5.MSFT.NET
    NameServer: NS2.MSFT.NET
    NameServer: NS3.MSFT.NET
    NameServer: NS4.MSFT.NET
    Things can be different if you're using POP3 clients such as Outlook express.
    Dream, I do.

Ok tell me is it possible on Yahoo mail to trace I.P.? Let's see what's your take on that one

I'll give you details only afterwards...