Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is happiness Just an Illusion?

i think it is illusion Although we're driven to find "happiness," life is an unpredictable ride.When peoples believe that they are happy.Are they really happy..how do we really know when we achieve it?our choices make us happy or outcome of these choices ?What Being happy mean to you?.you will be happy if you want or you would be happy without wanting happiness?

Happiness is a feeling...far away from illusion...

lets rephrase rahen .. shall we ..

Happiness is a feeling which conveys that you are delighted about something. But again thinking of this really made me going .. so I looked around for the definition of 'happiness' .. the most convincing meaning I found was: a pleasurable or satisfying experience

Now this brings me to the reason I'm posting .. happiness is a feeling .. feeling a pleasant experience .. but I must agree to Mariamah, it can be an illusion .. an illusion to give us temporary joy .. to make us believe we have achieved something when infact it might back fire the next moment ..
    aye dil tu tanhaiyon main rehne ka AaDi hoja.. jinhein tu yaad karta hai wo bare masroof rehte hain..

doubts hve always killed feelings...in any direction u take...cause its itself negetive...happiness is a positive feeling...and to tell the truth of human nature...jo cheez humme khushi puhunchati hai...usk khone ka dar hamesha insaan ko hota hai...but this in no way would change the meaning of happiness...

Somtimes I do think that happiness is indeed an illusion...but it isnt, it is a true feeling and one that does enter one;s life at some point
    ~Ye Dard Ka Tufaan Guzra kyu nahi..Dil Toot Gayaa Hai To Bikhra kyu nahi..Ek Hi Shakhs Ko Chahta Hai kyu Itna..Koi Dusra Is Dil Me Utarta kyu nahi~

happiness is knowing you've done right, and being proud of it. It is also an emotion people get when they have achieved a certain accomplishment in life.

hey

life is filled with dualities at some time u love something and in other times u completely abhore it and grow averse to it. its just a way of expressing and working out your karmas in your own response to situations that are created by feasting on sense perceptions. when u move on and find better ways to express inner peace things that were erroneous automatically leave replaced by other kinds of sense mortifications which are indeed very illusive until u find the ultimate.

Happiness is dillusion if the whole current life one lives is.Its a dillusion to stand to the next real world,the hereafter.

Quoted the Religion point of view.Dont think quotations are necessary.

happiness is just an illusion, nobody can remain happy forever. happiness is the only thing that people desire for their own sake.people want to be rich not for the sake of being rich, but to be happy however circumstances like abusive relationships, loss of employment, conflicts tend to reduce happiness all the time