Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DO YOU KNOW...the difference between margarine and butter?

I think it's best to avoid them both. If I have to use something I'll use butter or margarine. Margarine is usually cheaper than butter. Both aren't that great for your health. As far as being one molecule away from being plastic, you can change a lot of things by changing the molecule structure. For instance salt is sodium and chlorine but you wouldn't put chlorine on your food. You'd put it in your pool.
    Vega Sinclair, Health Teacher

Bullshit

I would love to know how they came up with that turkey story (maybeyou misunderstood the whole "Butterball" thing?). Margarine is just made from vegetable oil (or some other kind of plant or animal fat) and was invented as a cheaper substitute for butter in 19th Century France.

http :// en.wikipedia.org /wiki/ Margarine #History

It's true that margarine is white until they add yellow coloring to it. But guess what, that cheese on your hamburger wasn't orange until they added an orange dye to it.The cherries on your sundae weren't red until they dyed those too. Who gives a shit?

Far more retarded is the capitalized-so-you-know-it's-true statement, "MARGARINE IS ONE MOLECULE AWAY FROM PLASTIC."

Not only is that not right, that's not even wrong. It's a meaningless statement. Saying something is "one molecule away" from plastic is like saying a farm is one letter away from a fart. Water is "one molecule away" from being explosive hydrogen gas.