Thread: Eye Makeup Tips.......

1)Remedies For Puffy Eyes (NEW) :
    Take a metal spoon and run it under cold water. Place the metal on the puffy area for at least 60 seconds.

Apply hemorrhoid cream (look for brands that contain ingredients of yeast and shark's liver oil) to the puffy area. Insiders have known for years that in just the way it gets the swelling out of that other area, it works the same way for the face.

Thin cucumber slices used as compresses over closed eyes will relieve sore, puffy eyes.

2)Lining Eyes (NEW) :

Dust a sheer, loose powder on the upper and lower lids so the eyeliner sticks better. If you are going to curl your lashes, do it now. (Otherwise you could smudge the line.).

Choose the right formula. For a cleanstraight line, use a liquid version (try one with felt tip, like those from Lancome or L'Oreal). To create a softer, more subtle line, pencils are best.

3)Curl And Lengthen Your Eyelashes (NEW) :

Draw wand out of mascara tube and remove access on a piece of paper towel.Hold wand horizontally and slowly twirl as you move the brush from the roots to the tips.To set curl, hold wand and lashes together at the tips for a several seconds.Apply second coat before the first coat has dried to avoid clumping.Apply mascara carefully to the bottom lashes, holding wand vertically.While lashes are still wet, comb through the lashes (carefully) with a lash comb to separate each lash.

4)Make Him Melt With Big, Doe Eyes (NEW) :
    Eyeliner is the magic wand for creating the illusion of bigger, more expressive eyes. Line the entire top lash line and extend the line slightly at the corners. You can also line the bottom of your eyes, but concentrate color only on the outer third and extend it slightly past the edge. (We're not talking Elizabeth Taylor in Cleopatra here.) A soft, smoky look will open your eyes more than a thin, hard line. Stick to dark, neutral colors with a hint of black for lining, as bright shades will only make them seem smaller.

5)Emphasize Eyes (NEW) :
    For evening glamour, line the inside of lower lids with navy, violet or jade eye pencil.

Bloodshot Eyes :
    An easy way to reduce the redness is to scoop cold water into your hands and splash it on your closed eyes. This should be enought to reduce the capillaries. If this isn't enough, mild drops that can be found at your local drug store may be required. Also be certain that the cause of the redness is not attributed to an irritation to your eye shadow or mascara.

Choose Green :
    Any greens in your makeup bag? There should be if you have a habit of wearing taupe, aqua, pale blue or even whites. Pearly greens ranging from almost a yellow-green to a moss green will work well. The only word of warning is that pearly shades will emphasize crepey eyes so give this some thought first

COSMETIC TIP!! :
    Eyeliner...the best is liquid but if your hand is just a little too shaky and you end up with a mess...try lining with a pencil and then lining over it with cake liner...much easier to handle!

Eye Liner Pencil Safety :
    Before using, sharpen your eye liner pencil to remove any bacteria that has built up.

Eye Makeup and Eye Infections :
    If you have been suffering from recurring eye infections, it could be your eye makeup. These products can easily be contaminated with germs and as a result, be the cause of the infection.

Eye Shadow Application After 40 :
    You might notice a tendency for your lids to appear somewhat crepey. This makes shadow application more difficult. To counteract this, stay away from bright colors. Subtley is what you are looking for at this point as softer colors are far more flattering and less aging.

Eyeliner That Is Too Harsh :
    If you don't like the sharpness of your eyeliner, you can soften it by adding a little powder shadow in a similair shade with your eye shadow brush

Eyeshadow That Stays In Place :
    Melting eyeshadow is a problem for all of us but there is a way to make it "stick" a little longer. I have found that if you use a damp eyeshadow brush and apply a layer of face powder to your lids and allow to set, the shadow will stay in place for the day. Takes an extra second or so but the effort is well worth it.

New Use For Gold Pencil :
    After applying your lipstick, highlight your bottom lip with just a dab of gold. It won't be noticeable but it will make a big difference.

Powder Liner Know How :
    If you line your eyes with a powder shadow and it simply goes everywhere as you apply it, do so while holding a tissue directly beneath your eye to catch the shadow particles. Works every time.

Sponge Tip Applicators :
    This is the first time that I have seen information that gives you a reason not to throw these applicators away. I read about this practise recently and decided to give it a try. Instead, of using a brush for light colors, use the sponge applicator. It picks up more color and gives you better coverage. I tried this and it does work. Actually, I like it even better than the eye shadow brushes. I wouldn't suggest using it for dark colors however.

To Make Eyes Look Younger :
    The first step is to apply a little eye cream on the brow bone and under the eye. this will reduce fine lines. Now dab on a concealer that matches your skin tones. The last step is to line the eye with a white pencil just beneath the lash line. It will give the impression of larger and brighter eyes.

Using an Eye Shadow Pencil :
    Don't draw the pencil across your eyelid as this could cause stretching of the skin. Instead, apply the color to the palm of your hand, pick up some of the color with your pinky and apply gently to eyelid.

Where To Use Golden Eye Shadow :
    Use a touch on the brow bone to make your eyes look even brighter. You can use powder or one of those fat pencils. I have even used that liquid highlighter in a bottle and it gives good results too.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3..._girl/Sari.gif

!** I'M CooL.....I MaKe Ice JeaLouS **!

wow really informative :giveflower;

:1cool; info.

Thanx for sharing sis

Thnks for sharing
    ~`Our deepest regrets are words unsaid and things undone`~

Thnks for sharing sis