Poll: Which culture should natives of Asia, particularly Pakistan or India follow?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The dying East

Aslam-o-aliekum!
    My dear brothers and sisters,
    I, Shahzaib Khan, would like to share with you the problem that is (or will be) facing us, which can effect (and has effected) all of us...that is:
    OUR CULTURE, RELIGION AND LIFESTYLE (of the east) IS CLOSE TO VANISHING!
    No matter how hard you try to convince yourself, this is the truth!
    ..Moreover, whom do we have to blame? The west? BUT! Is it not that it is ourselves who have added that guitar, drum, violin, piano , etc to our beautiful music? Is it not us who set up workplaces where dress shirts and pants replace our shlawar kamis or saari? Is it not us who have added this English as a compulsory subject in our education systems? Is it not us who use words like "Hello!" or "Hi" or "Hey" in our conversations instead of AOA? Is it not us who prefer the pizza on our naan, the soup on our Halim, Noodles on our sweyaans or coffee on our qahveh? Is it not us who prefer to do other works than to perform our prayers? Is it not us who go to discos, parties or clubs or hangouts or restaurants instead of mazaars, or mushairas or even mujras!? (For give me if I got vulgar!)Is it us or the west? It is defiantly us!!! I agree using English, or eating burgers, or watching TVs or using the computers is not at all wrong but surly giving them preference over our Culture, Language, History, Customs, Traditions, Religion and Lifestyles is next to killing some one!!!!!!!!!!
    I think it is time for us to act and eliminate (or at least reduce) the western influence on our culture before the day comes that when our TRIATOR new generation comes and they will become the leaders of Pakistan or even India, they become responsible for the downfall of our cultures and allow the west to take full control of our countries and make us their satellites or colonies. Maybe in the twenty first century they will not do that but they can do what they did to us in Iraq and Afghanistan, and what they want to do to Iran. WE WILL DIE!!!!!!!!!
    I appeal to all those who have respect for our creator, Prophet, Leaders, fore-fathers and nationality to rise against the influence of the west and promote our culture, history, nationality, religion, social living, society, and lifestyle...
    (SHAHZAIB KHAN)

Please do not express controversal or negative views, I've only expressed a view point, I am extremly sorry if I hurt some Ghulaam-E-Maghrib's feelings...

Well I do agree we've lost our touch .. jeans pants .. booze .. life style .. everything is being 'updated' or 'modernized' .. but again I think religion is something within a person .. you can never define a person by the way he dresses (yes it might represent his 'looks' but never the character). At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how much television we watched, what matters is did we do what we were asked to do, have we performed our duties properly .. and to be really honest people who actually go out and do upgrade their culture .. wont even bother reading these kind of threads
    aye dil tu tanhaiyon main rehne ka AaDi hoja.. jinhein tu yaad karta hai wo bare masroof rehte hain..

yes i agreee with u shahzaib ...uptill now we are not what we were supposed to be

well i don't see anything wrong adobting good things (like punctuality ).
    I also don't see anykind of problem wearing jeans,it also don't bother me eating pizza n other junk stuff.Cauz i don't belive in any kind of culture,as a Muslim our culture "SHOULD" be Islamic.Even in pakistani culture we have number of non islamic stuff.
    But ya if because of their culture religon ko koi effect ho raha hea,tou it's really a serious problem.

First of all pardon me for being an ignorant. I'd like to know more about our culture, so what is our culture? I hope these meals aren't part of our culture.
    Dream, I do.

Jis mulk mein rahein usi mulq ka culture humari life ka hissa ban jata hai...par apna culture phir b nai bhoolna chahie... WEST ka koi kasoor nai hai..unka culture unhi ka hai...its up to us..if we wanna follow it or not...aur na hi EAST ka...east has its own culture/lfestyle and west has own...

but rahi yeh jeans ki baat:s pakistan mein to jeans kaaaab ki pehnte hai as far as i knw...and wats wrong in dat:s i dnt see anything bad in it...

par culture ko ITNA b nai follow karna chahie ke apna religion hi bhool jaein...

Shahzaib i agree with some of the things you have said but in order to move with the times we must bring some positive changes within ourselves. I mean there is nothing wrong with eating a PIZZA. About the dress i can say there has been a big change and forget the jeans even some shalwar kameez is showing vulgarity. The media has damaged wot had been built but as humans and pakistanis it's up to us to see whats right and wrong. Do we really have to follow every step the "west" takes ? Many of our eastern values have been lost.. because we have lost them ourselves.
    http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/9...irl79wyzp2.gif

Kahbhi Khamosh Betho Gae ..Kabhi Gunghunaou Gai..
    Mai Uthni Yaad Aoungi ..Jitna Bhoolaou Gae

AADAAB!
    Yes I agree with many of the points that you people have made here but you see that as i gave the examples of jeans or pizzas, they were just minor points, but the main thing is that aour culture is so closly related with aour religion that I think that there is nothing wrong if we try to preserve what may be called our IDENTITY becaues even Islam says that an Arab as no superioroty over a non Arab, a White has no senioroty over a black, so why don't we live as one nation? Then why are there so many diferences amongst our people? Why is there a gap between the rich and the poor? If there is no discrimination then tell me yourself that how many people who wear shalwar kamis are called with the vulgar term: cool!? Is it not us who are self destroying our own manners and adopting foregien rudenesses? Spaeka you people speak!!!
    SHAHZAIB KHAN

Quote Originally Posted by Shaeireurdu, post: 283108
    AADAAB!
    Yes I agree with many of the points that you people have made here but you see that as i gave the examples of jeans or pizzas, they were just minor points, but the main thing is that aour culture is so closly related with aour religion that I think that there is nothing wrong if we try to preserve what may be called our IDENTITY becaues even Islam says that an Arab as no superioroty over a non Arab, a White has no senioroty over a black, so why don't we live as one nation? Then why are there so many diferences amongst our people? Why is there a gap between the rich and the poor? If there is no discrimination then tell me yourself that how many people who wear shalwar kamis are called with the vulgar term: cool!? Is it not us who are self destroying our own manners and adopting foregien rudenesses? Spaeka you people speak!!!
    SHAHZAIB KHAN
    My questions remain unanswered but nevertheless, here are a few more:

Are you preserving your culture by posting this topic in english? What is our culture? I don't see anything as such as a culture in Pakistan. It's a mumbo jumbo of Indian (Hindu, if I may say) traditions, Islamic wear, tribal bigotry, and a language which itself takes pride in ripping off Persian, Arabic, Hebrew, Hindi, and English. Are Mujra's part of our culture? Who enthroped this culture on us? The Moghuls? Moghuls from Afghanistan?

Now how on earth is cool considered vulgar? If I am covering my body with the necessary clothes from whatever part of the world then I don't think it should matter to anybody.

What I eat is halal, what I drink is halal. Is there a problem with anyone eating Pizza? Drinking Pepsi? Down below is the last sermon of Prophet Mohammad S.A.W. :

All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a White has no superiority over a Black nor a Black has any superiority over a White except by piety and good action.
    Aren't you indiscriminating? Open your closed minded, materialistic, and bigoted self.

And finally, my identity isn't what I wear, what I eat, or where I live.
    Dream, I do.