Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it safe to shop online?

Yea I agree...I hardly shop online if ever. I had once shopped and had a terrible experience from which I learned never to giv my info out and to always check the websites privacy policies
    ~Ye Dard Ka Tufaan Guzra kyu nahi..Dil Toot Gayaa Hai To Bikhra kyu nahi..Ek Hi Shakhs Ko Chahta Hai kyu Itna..Koi Dusra Is Dil Me Utarta kyu nahi~

Aadi...nice info..abt the rating one.sure i will be waiting.
    manni bhai...now i understood
    yassi-ur posts suggests again..that precautions are must..

There are always a group of people who work hard on getting around the law and thus gain benefit or destroy hosts.

Fraud online is on the rise.As Useless says a whole article can be written.I shall compile on eshortly.

Precautions necessary,

Keep a good anti-phising guard like Spyware doctor always.

Keep updating your info. on latest threats.

Anything suspicious ,stand back and wait .Confirm before proceeding to make a buy.

Helpdesk Personnels at Dt can be big help so can the members ,when it comes to cross checking.

yeah another point antispyware can also be used...

Antispyware Software RAHEN.

The Anti makes a huge difference.HEHE.

Please del all the mails that arrive in your bulk except if its from a known source,you personally know.

The most important ,

Never download attachments from any unknown source.

If we are buying things online there are chances that they might misuse the information of the credit card and use it to buy things ..so best is... use our common sense, know the reputation of the company we are dealing with,do a little research and Check the credit card statements every month to make sure that there are no unauthorised charges.

joquim,

checking ones credit card every month is also a kind of precaution...thanks 4 addition...

it's safe to shop online u've just gotta be sure the site that ur shoppin on is reliable... read their policy, don't shop on some random site tht no1's eva heard of, make sure they can easily be contacted incase of any problems etc.. ppl do it all the time so i dont think its unsafe as long as u take safety precautions...

one more tip...easily be contacted in case of any problem...hve u ever shopped online.

no i've never shopped online buh i knw of friends and family who have and they havent had ne probs with it...