Thread: Until Bollywood Do Us Apart - 2005 Breakups, Linkups & Shadiz

The year has almost come to an end and we wonder what blessings or curses it has bestowed on our very own Bollywood celebrities and their relationships.

Some maintained a dignified silence while others used the media as a weapon to get the other person off their back. Overall, it was a fairly bad year for couples associated in Bollywood.

No 10: Director Mohit Suri and Udita Goswami.
    Can't say whether this was another controversy created by the king of controversy creator Mahesh Bhatt! During the shoot of the film Zeher, the pair reportedly got involved and by the time the film was over, the two parted ways. Udita cited that she got less importance in the film than what was promised to her so the feud began.

No 9: Amrita Arora and Upen Patel.
    This hot and happening couple split without any problems whatsoever between them. In fact they are still good friends. While Amrita has moved on with new found love Usman Afzal, Upen is concentrating on his film career.

No 8: Manisha Koirala and Cecil Anthony.
    Another break-up in the long list of Koirala's boyfriends. Manisha had been consistent with Cecil for quite some time though. She seems to be changing boyfriends more often than having film releases. Currently she's seeing hotelier Prashant Shetty.

No 7: Yana Gupta and husband Satyakam Gupta.
    This Czech born model divorced her Indian sculptor husband. Both of them maintained a dignified silence to the media and have not disclosed the reason for their split. She is now supposedly seeing actor Aftab Shivdasani.

No 6: Dharmesh Darshan and wife Bindiya.
    The director and his wife of just one month decided to split. The Bewafaa director tied the knot with her on February 27 at Arya Samaj Mandir in a very private ceremony. Not even close friends were invited for the wedding, which came as a surprise to the entire industry and their split was definitely an even bigger shock.

No 5: Riya Sen and Ashmit Patel
    Not many know the reason of their split but one of the reasons speculated was the MMS clip that was available just about everywhere of the two being intimate. Both of them denied that it was them in the video and said the people involved were duplicates.

No 4: Aishwarya Rai and Viveik Oberoi.
    [img=left:0dad9f86f9]http://i.indiafm.com/img/feature/dec/yearend2.jpg[/img:0dad9f86f9]Word is that all is not well in love-ville among these two as well. Word was out that the two have split, one of the reasons being Ash's constant denial of being in a relationship with Oberoi Jr. On the other hand Viveik cannot do an interview without taking his fair maiden's name.

No 3: Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif.
    [img=right:0dad9f86f9]http://i.indiafm.com/img/feature/dec/yearend11.jpg[/img:0dad9f86f9]How far can apna Sallu be behind? Again rumored to have split. Both the duo had never publicly professed their love but we all know better. However they have signed on David Dhawan's latest flick Partner after being seen together for the last time in David's Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya, earlier this year.

No 2: Saif Ali Khan and Amrita Singh.
    Once word was out of their secret marriage, no one thought their marriage would last and how right they were. After Saif's booming film career, he got over his head and the two parted ways. He is now seeing model Rosa and she is believed to be one of the reasons of the marital discord. Saif apparently froze all their accounts and Amrita forcefully had to debut on television in Kavyaanjali and made a comeback on the golden screen in Mohit Suri's Kalyug.

No 1: Sahil Khan and Nigar Khan
    And finally we reach the end of our countdown. And how much have we heard (and seen) of this couple. Just about everything. The two A-Grade looking, B-Grade actors got married and soon there were many differences between the two mainly because of Nigar's non-traditional ways. After being deported from India, after having a wardrobe malfunction in Norway and after having posed nude for the cover of a European magazine, hubby Sahil said enough was enough and he said those three little words Talaq Talaq, Talaq. Nigar doesn't seem to mind. She was photographed topless with Italian actor Luigi Casandra, her co-star in an Italian flick. Last heard, after all the differences the two were willing to work together in a movie that interestingly is based on their real life story. Talk about professionalism!

Well, that's where our countdown ends, but before we leave we have one last couple who have to be included in this list.

[img=right:0dad9f86f9]http://i.indiafm.com/img/feature/dec/yearend3.jpg[/img:0dad9f86f9]And that couple is none other than Karisma Kapoor and husband Sunjay Kapoor who split in less than a couple of years of their marriage. Hubby went to court for stopping wife from taking their child out of the country without his consent. After much legal actions, just when we thought it was all over, the two reconciled and made public appearances. We hope that this couple lives happily everafter...

The year is coming to an end and this year proved to be quite busy for Cupid as he went on to finish one arrow after another on hopeless lovers in Bollywood. Many a few fell in love, many fell out of love and many fell in love again. That's the magic of Bollywood, where love never stops.

Many deny their relationship and many relationships are a figment of the media's Neanderthal imagination. So who are the people involved in the top Bollywood link up list?

The funniest of them all has to be none other than Celina Jaitley who was linked to Bill Cusack, brother of Hollywood actor John Cusack. Celina denied the relationship and cited that both of them are just friends. (The true denial phase of Bollywood)

[img=left:0dad9f86f9]http://i.indiafm.com/img/feature/dec/yearend4.jpg[/img:0dad9f86f9]Then there was the love triangle or quadrangle to be precise. Priyanka Chopra was linked to her co-star of many films Akshay Kumar who in turn is married to Twinkle Khanna. Priyanka Chopra was also linked to Harman Baweja, son of producer Harry Baweja. Connection? Priyanka did Sr. Baweja's Karam and Jr. Baweja found a cupid arrow in his butt. None of the three have acknowledged any relationship whatsoever.

A sad case of young puppy love? Debutant director Aaditya Datt and debutant actress Tanushree Dutta were linked during the shoot of Aashiq Banaya Aapne. Both of them shrugged it off.

[img=right:0dad9f86f9]http://i.indiafm.com/img/feature/dec/yearend5.jpg[/img:0dad9f86f9]Then there is the Deepal Shaw and Kunal Khemu pairing up as well. (What can you expect from the Bhatt camp?) Apparently both of them were seeing each other during Kalyug and neither of them gave a hoot to the media. Says the young man, "If we were seeing each other we wouldn't have hidden the fact because it wouldn't have done either of us any damage. People can think what they have to." Here's a 'couldn't care less' attitude we all appreciate.

This lady was quick to move on. After her quick separation from hubby Satyakam Gupta, she was immediately linked aside stud boy Aftab Shivdasani. While Yana Gupta refuses to comment, Affi states that she is his 'Special' Friend.

And how far can the controversial Nigar Khan be behind. After a catastrophic divorce from her husband actor Sahil Khan, she was in the limelight after a few months when her topless pictures were taken with Italian actor Luigi Casandra, her co-star in an Italian film. Nigar cried 'My personal life' while Sahil cried 'I have to move on.'

The famous line 'Pyar Kiya To Darna Kya' applies to these couples who have no inhibitions of showing their love to the world.

[img=left:0dad9f86f9]http://i.indiafm.com/img/feature/dec/yearend6.jpg[/img:0dad9f86f9]The latest on this list is Manisha Koirala. Manisha has never ever denied any of her 1 million relationships and she doesn't need to do so now either. Fresh or stale from her breakup with Mr. Moneybags Cecil, she is dating and flaunting hotelier Prashant Shetty. Way to go girl.

Another actress who is not too far behind Manisha is Amrita Arora. After her quick break-ups with Ashmit Patel and Upen Patel, she is currently dating English country cricketer Usman Afzal. They have been spotted together a number of times and the love seems strong. We wish them all the best.

Now for the youngsters on the block. Bhumika Chawla is finally in the love circuit and is seeing yoga guru Bharat Thakur. She was once his yoga student and now this student-teacher relationship has found newer grounds. Ayesha Takia has also found new love in restaurateur and industrialist Farhan Azmi and she is quite excited about it.

[img=right:0dad9f86f9]http://i.indiafm.com/img/feature/dec/yearend7.jpg[/img:0dad9f86f9] And finally, the new found love couple of the year award will without any hesitation be awarded to none other than Preity Zinta and Ness Wadia. They have been seen all over the place. Social parties, functions, discos, etc. Ness even had a blink and miss role in Preity's Salaam Namaste. The two seem to be lost in love and don't seem to mind the media attention that they are getting.

So here we have it - Bollywood love nest. Just wait until next year when we come out with another updated list of newer couples. Wonder how many featured in this list will be present there as well?

Shaadis of the Year

[img=left:0dad9f86f9]http://i.indiafm.com/img/feature/dec/yearend8.jpg[/img:0dad9f86f9] Ladies first... One film old Gayatri Joshi (of Swades fame) got married to builder Vikas Oberoi this year with fanfare in a suburban five star hotel in Mumbai. She hasn't signed on any films as of now and doesn't seem likely to.

Chitrangada Singh who starred in offbeat movies like Hazaron Khwaishein Aisi and Kal - Yesterday and Tomorrow married golfer Jyoti Randhawa and disappeared from the Bollywood circuit. In fact she got married before the release of Kal… and refused to promote the film in any way causing much trouble to the producers and director. No clue of her anywhere. Thumbs Down!

Director Vinta Nanda married childhood friend Anil Bahugana - a naval officer and surprised everyone. She made her debut as a film director with White Noise and word is that she is planning her next film as well. Here's someone who knows to divide time personally and professionally.

And finally from the actresses it's our very own Namrata Shirodkar who got married to south superstar Mahesh Babu. Mahesh's parents were apprehensive of their marriage but they agreed. They now live down South and we hope to see Namrata return to films once again.

[img=right:0dad9f86f9]http://i.indiafm.com/img/feature/dec/yearend9.jpg[/img:0dad9f86f9] Now our very own faithful gentlemen… Zayed Khan got married with pomp and style with his long time girlfriend Malaika Parekh. The couple had being seeing each other for some time and it was just a matter of time that they got married.

Cousin Fardeen Khan was not far behind and married Natassha Madhwani, daughter of yesteryear actress Mumtaz.

We also had two complete celebrity marriages this year as well.

National Award winning actor Manoj Bajpai and actress Neha (of Kareeb) secretly tied the knot on February 23. The couple has been together for the past 7 years and had been very private about it. Hence the marriage being a complete hush hush affair didn't come as a surprise.

Just a day after Valentine's, T-Series head honcho Bhushan Kumar tied the nuptial knot with the gorgeous model-turned-actress Divya Khosla who acted in T-Series' Ab Tumhare Hawale Watan Sathiyo and the video 'Honey Honey' along with Salman Khan.

And finally who do we expect to get married next year.

There is Emraan Hashmi who's all set to marry steady girlfriend Parveen Sahani by mid next year. Sahani is a teacher for pre-school children.

[img=left:0dad9f86f9]http://i.indiafm.com/img/feature/dec/yearend12.jpg[/img:0dad9f86f9] And last but not the least there is Aamir Khan who is to start a new chapter in his life on the first day of the New Year by tying the knot with longtime girlfriend Kiran Rao. Rao was assistant director for Lagaan and there is where they apparently met.

It's strange how two simple words 'I Do' can make such an impact in one's life. We wish each one the very best for the future and do hope you guys don't leave Bollywood behind.
    Dream, I do.

:1cool; :1cool; i luv to read gossips :P

Thnx For the info :mrgreen:

glad you liked that
    Dream, I do.

Nice sharing

Kiran Rao sucks
    Bhulana Sakoo Gay Mujhe Bhool Kar Tum
    Mein Aksar Tumhein Yaad Ati Rahongi
    Kabhi Khuwab Ban Kar Kabhi Yaad Ban Kar
    Mein Neendein Tumhari Churati Rahongi

is this because kiran rao is getting married with aamir khan? or any other reasons?
    Dream, I do.