Thread: Fear And Worry

In a difficult world, fear and worry are two of our biggest problems. You are not alone. Many of us share them.

Do some of these describe what you are feeling?

Fear of:

* the future - all the bad things that may happen to me tomorrow, next week, next year.
    * evil - bad luck, curses, evil spirits.
    * being alone - that no one cares or understands, and I seem far away from other people.
    * illness - of sickness I have now, or may get in the future, such as cancer.
    * being a failure - at work or study, in relationships, with friends - not achieving what I or others expect of myself.
    * not having enough money - now, or in the future.
    * losing my job.
    * having to take important decisions.
    * other people - not wanting to be too close to them, in case they find out what I am really like, and then don't like me.
    * not finding someone to marry.
    * death - that old enemy.

How to handle fear

Often we don't face up to what we fear. We try to hide it in the bottom of our minds, so that perhaps we don't even know what we are afraid of, or are worrying about. It is important to find out exactly what we are afraid of, and also try to understand how the fear started. There may be a particular time, or event, which started it off.

Then here are some ideas to help you look at the problem:

Facing up to it
    Sometimes, when you face up to the problem, it doesn't seem so bad. Sometimes, the fear of something is worse than the thing itself! Perhaps tomorrow, the problem may seem less! Remember, "Today is the tomorrow that you spent your time worrying about yesterday."

Talk to someone
    This always helps. Find someone you can trust, and share how you feel. In some cultures, this is more difficult than others. You will probably find they have had a similar experience, and can help you.

Look at yourself
    Are you one of life's worriers? Your character or family upbringing may make you worry easily. But learn to change negative ways of thinking. There are two ways of looking at a cup of water. The negative way says, "The cup is half empty". But the positive way sees the same cup, yet says, "The cup is half full." OK, its difficult. What we actually need is a new mind, that thinks differently! But yes, this is possible! See later.
    Some more common-sense ideas

Don't worry about things at night, or in bed.
    Do get good food and exercise.
    Try and get out of your usual surroundings - go somewhere else.
    Get involved in things which take your mind off worries. Particularly, do things that will help other people in some way.
    Fears and worries will grow bigger if you don't deal with them.
    Do talk to others.
    If fear and worry are affecting your health, or leading to depression, see a doctor.

Are we alone?

Many of these problems result from us feeling alone in this world. We feel out of control of our lives, at the mercy of so many things.

What we need is a someone or something bigger than our problems or worries. A friend who could make it all right. Someone to turn to at any time.

Millions of people have found that God can be such a helper. It is an amazing truth that the God of the whole world should be interested in little me, but it is so. God says, 'fear not'.

tips are great..Thanks 4 sharing

VeRy GooD TiPs SiS..FeAr Is SoMethiNg We AlL ArE ScAred Of AnD WhEn It coMeS It CaN TaKe ThE BeSt OuT Of Us !
    http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/9...irl79wyzp2.gif

Kahbhi Khamosh Betho Gae ..Kabhi Gunghunaou Gai..
    Mai Uthni Yaad Aoungi ..Jitna Bhoolaou Gae

nice and informative tips
    thank u for sharing naila sis

Prayer works best for me..thanx 4 shairng
    ~Ye Dard Ka Tufaan Guzra kyu nahi..Dil Toot Gayaa Hai To Bikhra kyu nahi..Ek Hi Shakhs Ko Chahta Hai kyu Itna..Koi Dusra Is Dil Me Utarta kyu nahi~

U r welcum