Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Display of Members Celebrating Their Birthdays!

Thank you Admin and I agree that you r open to suggestions..
    http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/4091/69423957gy5.jpg
    On Independence Day Here's wising our dreams of a new tomorrow come true for us NOW AND ALWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by Admin, post: 292342
    Aadi, that'd require large table scans everytime the page is loaded.
    dere is no point in querying it everytime .. once a day is enough .. a really cheap hack over the top of ma head is to use a file type of TEXT .. a quick query that extracts user on a specific date and stores them in that field ..something like .. Aadi, Endurer, etc .. now weneva the index loads, it just dumps the contents of that field ..

We can be really clever and store *all* the HTML code required for producing the usernames (like age and a link to profile etc) ..and ofcourse .. u can make dat query a cron and run it once a day wich basically updates that row with new entries ..

finally from ma experience of working with MySQL .. what i've mentioned might just take 2 seconds to produce and da the end result mysql_query time is going to be less that 0.02 seconds
    aye dil tu tanhaiyon main rehne ka AaDi hoja.. jinhein tu yaad karta hai wo bare masroof rehte hain..

You're welcome Saira.

I have an alternative way of achieving that without too many modifications here and there: What if the board only displays birthday of active members? Activity level can be increased or decreased depending on the visits. I will look into both of these options to see what suits us best.

Sonhal, I didn't delete that message of yours. Rahen found that accusation inappropriate so she decided to purge it.

Why'd you say that? I apologize if you felt this way but trust me, I have never ignored anyone here.