Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tips for Weightloss...

Dieter's Lapse... & Relapse
    An occasional indulgence probably isn’t a big deal, since the total damage done with each splurge most likely doesn’t add up to much. The real danger, say experts, is what most people do next – One lapse, an isolated incident, can lead to a relapse, which means several days of uncontrolled eating and finally to a collapse, when you completely give up. This is a a dangerous phase and you may end up regaining everything.

Prevent It:
    Be as consistent as possible. Research shows that people who follow a regular diet throughout the week are almost twice as likely to maintain their weight loss, than those who control their calories during the week and then start treating themselves once the weekend rolls around.

But this does not mean that you can never indulge. If you do anticipate a major food-oriented event, plan for it. Write down what you’ll have at a party or a restaurant. Remember that your diet won’t stay on track without your vigilance. If you find yourself veering off course – towards the refrigerator – quickly regain control. Self awareness is extremely important when you are dieting, although not everyone is proficient at it.

The best way to keep yourself from a dieter’s lapse (and relapse) is to maintain a food diary. Jot down the details of your daily intake. You will realize that you are automatically cutting down on the calories.

Source: magnamags
    http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/4091/69423957gy5.jpg
    On Independence Day Here's wising our dreams of a new tomorrow come true for us NOW AND ALWAYS!

61. Stop being a perfectionist. "Look at it like walking a tightrope," suggests Reena. "The goal is not just to stay on without falling off. The goal is to get to the other side, and if you know that you can fall off as many times as you want as long as you get back up again, you're gonna be successful."

62. Start fresh, ASAP. If you have a slip, don't wait until Monday or even tomorrow to get back in line. Reena uses water as a cleansing ritual to end a binge. When she realizes what's happening, she drinks a water to signal that the eating is over, and she's back on track immediately. "It's made my lapses shorter and shorter," she says.

63. Practice early detection. "I weigh myself about once a month," says Rinki. "If I start inching up, I increase my exercise a little bit."

64. Enlist professional help. Many of the people we talked to used dietitians, personal trainers, and even psychologists to help them deal with problems that were hindering their efforts. If you feel like you can't do it on your own, seek help.
    wOrK SmaRt NoT HaRd......