Thread: Security experts land in Pakistan

Two England and Wales Cricket Board security experts have arrived in the Pakistani city of Karachi to inspect venues for England's upcoming tour.
    England have expressed safety concerns over playing in Karachi during the tour which starts in October.

Pakistan officials said the ECB experts, Douglas Dick and Andy Allman, would also visit Multan, Faisalabad, Lahore and Islamabad.

They are inspecting the stadiums and all aspects of security arrangements.

Since the September 2001 attacks on the United States and subsequent increased security worries, only South Asian neighbours Bangladesh and Sri Lanka have played Test matches in Karachi.

In May 2002, New Zealand players returned home midway through their tour after a bomb blast just opposite their hotel in Karachi killed 14 people people.

The city has also been hit by several suicide bomb attacks and other blasts since 2001.

Australia, West Indies and South Africa have all shunned Karachi.

The Pakistan Cricket Board has arranged for their home affairs ministry to give Dick and Allman a full briefing on security arrangements it describes as "elaborate."

But the two British security experts declined to give comments when interviewed by a Reuters journalist.

Pakistan has ruled out holding a match in the north-western city of Peshawar, near the Afghan border, during England's tour.
    Dream, I do.

i'm very pleased at the way bangladeshi's are playing at the moment.. aussies sure are getting a nightmare of their lives.
    Dream, I do.

isn't this unfair.. i mean abhi kal london mein attacks howe or ajj australia-england ka match hai.. jabke karachi mein england ki team khelna hi nahien chahti..
    Dream, I do.

LETS HOPE PAKISTAN WIN THE SERIES!!!

ye series shuru kis date se ho rahi hai ? :s

InshAllah Pakistan 'll win
    Dream, I do.

i hope they give they go ahead for the tour....