Thread: If future were known - then?

Hi Saira and Rahen - As I had vouched to write on Future, I place my views. While I agree with what Mr. Sheesh wrote, I have a gut feeling that there was nothing new in it and it needed to be debated. Mr. Sheesh had written what was obvious in a negative way. I submit here some positive benefits if the future were known to us. No wonder people are curious to know their future through so many means like palmistry or so. Hope you would like my note Saira and place it at par with what Mr. Sheesh wrote if not better than that. I left this option on you.

Well well - There is a post on future where it was told rather justified that it is better that the future is unknown. The facts in support of this justification given, right in all true senses. But any post or debate is incomplete, if the other side of the post is not discussed. Whatever was written in the posted submitted by Ms. Saira is a fact and there can’t be any argument on that. But at the same time, only the negative side of the effect of future being known was elaborated by the writer. As we all nothing in this world can have only negative effect. So, I am trying to explore the positive side of the topic “If future is known – then?”

If future were known that the result of any effort could also be known. Yes, there cannot be any anxiety if we know this before hand. But every result is performance and effort based. So, it would have also been known to people that if we work on this particular line or put such kind of efforts, then the positive result could be obtained. And by doing this, chance of failure would have been minimized. It were also known that without putting such kind of efforts and labour, this target could not be achieved. So, people would have chosen the right kind of approach.

On Mortality too, this is a known fact that everyone is mortal. So, no one is too much worried about mortality. It is the indefinity of time of mortality that is making everyone scarry of the word called “Death”. If one knew that he/she would die on certain date as a habit not by chance, then he/she would take this in his/her stride and plan his life style accordingly so that when he/she departs, he/she can go sleep without any hitch of leaving incomplete job behind. In such case, everyone would take death as the normal way of end of journey of life with a satisfaction that he/she had lived his/her quota of life. For instance, if we visualize the passion of life for an 100 years old person and compare it with a person of say 20 years, there will definitely be far more difference. A 100 years old person had lived his/her life and now ready to depart and a 20 years young person would have lot to do. But if we all knew that we would depart at a certain age, then this kind of mindset would seldom be seen.

Even in present scenario, there is certainty barring of course a few instances, where hard work and sincere efforts have gone in vain. Those who put efforts, they are more or less certain that the would achieve their goals and most of the cases, the goals have been achieved too. We have witnessed in so many cases that a well planned, meticulous and efficient endeavours have brought in the desired level of results.

I take reference to some of the greatest human efforts without going into much details, which were complied and completed without having any doubt that they would be completed in time. And the future were known –

• Trojan Reactor Vessel – A full size Reactor removed without
    dismantling.
    • Mars Pathfinder Mission – The space craft landed in July 4, 1997.
    • Construction of Pyramids - It took 20 years.in 3 BC(Can we say
    that in 20 years there could not have been a natural calamity or
    disaster to disrrupt this effort?)
    • Renovation of statue of Liberty in US in 1983.

So these are the well planned efforts where goal and future were crafted.

Of course, destiny do strike as it happened in the case of Apollo 13 planned for going to Moon and the mission was failed. But this failure was attributed to human error too clubbing with destiny.

On a fun note, if I knew before hand me and Ms. Saira cannot be friends even if I break my head and if it is a futile exercise, then I would put my efforts and quality time to some other important areas which would have been beneficial to both me and Ms. Saira. <<<<ha ha ha ….. just kidding. Dosti kerni hai ke nahin??>>
    http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/4104/48148536hl8.jpg

For those who are free,there is much to be grateful for May your home and your heart shine with the warm light of FREEDOM

Saira/Rahen - zara dekh bhi lijiye na agar kisi ne mehnat ki hai tou. Ya phir delete ker doon?

For those who are free,there is much to be grateful for May your home and your heart shine with the warm light of FREEDOM

sorry i read it today...although i saw ur thread on the day u made it..its a good article ...and u hve given ur devotion...keep it up..:up;

human brain is the set of thoughts..when they do know they have to die.Dont u think they will want to know how they died and if they come to know they died supposed by the hands of his bro or frnd...wat will they do then???they will kill him before hand.If the person knows that he died out of cancer...wat he will do???he will start taking precautions...this will might help him...during his last hrs with easing on pain one goes through...but will that change his fate...

once u r know to the present and future...u will ask ur self..why i m here...if everything is destined...u never want to see whose end u know ...and how it ended..right...then how would one love to live that life...I don't...surprises are spice of life...errors become our experience...today becomes our attention of focus...and tomorrow is wat we all human beings are shaping.

person can only change his future when it isnot related to the following ...
    date of birth, date of death, food supplies in any shape and marriage...and this can be done without the known future...

Goshhhhh... you just said what is obvious and existent. Here we are discussing on other way round. Anyway... I close it for good.

Very nice input Sikandar..I shall discuss it in detail when i have time but pls don't close this topic.
    http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/4091/69423957gy5.jpg
    On Independence Day Here's wising our dreams of a new tomorrow come true for us NOW AND ALWAYS!

Saira - Thanks for patient reading and your valued compliments. I will wait for your views.

Quote Originally Posted by sikandar107, post: 293831
    Goshhhhh... you just said what is obvious and existent. Here we are discussing on other way round. Anyway... I close it for good.
    yeah...cause i believe watever exist when it comes to nature of life..and especially knowing future...is right.

I guess thats what I meant in my post.

not exactly ...read ur third para

I read. Wud be grateful if you kindly be specific.