Thread: *father's Day 2007*

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother rather than all major credit cards.
    - Robert Orben

We often rant on about how mothers are important in our lives and forget the sacrifice of our fathers and the roles they have played in our lives. He dedicated all his enjoyment just to get us a good life and give us a head start. Perhaps, this is because fathers tend to be less expressive than Moms and are often reserved in nature. Even if this is the case, we should not undermine the sacrifices he has made and the love and tender care he has showered upon us. Someone has rightly said - A father carries pictures where his money used to be.

When is Fathers Day 2007: In 2007 Fathers Day date is 17th June and don't forget to make this day special for you dad.

F.A.T.H.E.R.S

F Faithful.

A Always there.

T Trustworthy.

H Honoring.

E Ever-loving.

R Righteous.

S Supportive.

The history of Father's Day goes like, in 1909 , Spokane, Washington, Sonora Smart Dodd was listening to a Mother's Day sermon. The lecture inspired her to have a special day dedicated to her father, William Jackson Smart, who had brought her up and her siblings single-handedly after their mother died. She could realize the greatness of her father and wanted to let him know how deeply she was touched by his sacrifices, courage, selflessness and love. She held the first Father's Day celebration on 19th of June 1910, on the birthday of her father. The idea soon caught on and in 1924, President Calvin Coolidge supported the idea of a national Father's Day on the petition sent to him by Dodd on the acceptance of fatherhood. In 1926, a National Father's Day Committee was formed in New York City.

However, it was thirty years later that a Joint Resolution of Congress gave recognition to Father's Day. Another 16 years passed before President Richard Nixon established the third Sunday of June as a permanent national observance day of Father's Day in 1972 in the honor of all good fathers that contribute as much to the family as a mother, in their own ways. Even before Dodd came into the picture, Dr. Robert Webb of West Virginia is believed to have conducted the first Father's Day service in 1908 at the Central Church of Fairmont. However, it was the colossal efforts of Dodd, the devoted daughter of the Civil War veteran who refused to remarry for the sake of his six children and took upon himself all the duties, love and care of a mother, that eventually led it to a national observance
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

From the Time When you took the 1st step
    to look after me,to care for me...
    Many years have passed by...
    Now i realize that I'm real lucky...
    to have you by My Side...
    My Father Means A lot for Me...
    He is the Best Dad in da whole World
    HAPPY FATHER's DAY DAD !!