Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heard something weird... :s

hey guys i heard something soo weird today.. need ur comments on it... i heard that a glass of milk is more worse than second hand smokin? :dticon_rolleyes:Now i dont think it's true buh than again i could be wrong...

Neither do I! From where did u hear that sis? Any details...

i hve heard wat u have ...
    check out this link

Secondhand smoke:
    Second hand smoke is serious concern. It fills the air with 2 types of smoke:
    1. Mainstream smoke: the smoke that is inhaled by the smoker first and then
    exhaled.
    2. Sidestream smoke: goes directly into the air from the end of the burning
    cigarette. Chemical tests show sidestream smoke contains more tar, nicotine ad
    other cancer-causing substances than mainstream smoke.
    ? Anyone living with a smoker, including children whose parents smoke, have an
    increased risk of developing health problems.
    ? Secondhand smoke causes coughing eye irritation, sore throat, shortness of
    breath and nausea.
    ? Secondhand smoke reduces the non0-smoker’s ability to take in oxygen, can
    cause heart disease and lung cancer. Conditions like asthma, allergies and
    angina are made worse by secondhand smoke.
    ? Children face a higher risk of lung illnesses like bronchitis, pneumonia, and asthma.
    Children suffer more frequent colds, ear infections and are more likely to suffer from
    allergies.
    http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache...n&ct=clnk&cd=6

and abt milk u can read here.
    Probably the most controversial health claim concerns Bovine Growth Hormone. Without getting into that debate, let's just say that BGH increases milk production. The problem with this is that it's unnatural, and likely creates a whole host of problems. The most contorversial of these claims is that it is linked to some cancer which is based on the fact that BGH increases the production of IGF1 in the liver, which is linked to a few types of cancer. An additional problem with BGH is that it increases instances of mastitis, an ugly udder infection. The danger isn't just some fringe theory either, BGH is banned in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Japan, and the EU. Recently the largest milk provider switched to BGH-free. Many other milk providers have already made the jump and Wal-Mart has said it is actively seeking BGH-free milk.

A high calcium diet has been linked to prostate cancer. One would think that this would not be specific to milk, but other studies have tied it to milk. But hey, you say, I don't have man parts, milk is still good for ME, right?

Er, no.

Milk increases your risk of bone fractures. Despite the milk industry's claims, it also doesn't appear to prevent osteoporosis, at least according to Harvard.

Another study links children who drink the most milk with gaining the most weight. Throwing convention sideways, those who drank skim or 1% gained the most weight. This would seem to indicate that something is going on in milk that we don't completely understand. Common sense dictates that consuming less calories and fat would result in the lowest weight gain. Common sense is apparently wrong.
    http://questionthemark.org/2006/08/1...-the-milk.aspx

i hve heard it...and this kind of seemed true.

Milk increases your risk of bone fractures??

I hav heard this 4 the first time...
    ~Ye Dard Ka Tufaan Guzra kyu nahi..Dil Toot Gayaa Hai To Bikhra kyu nahi..Ek Hi Shakhs Ko Chahta Hai kyu Itna..Koi Dusra Is Dil Me Utarta kyu nahi~

ye ppl used to say "milk does the body good" buh i guess they were wronggggggggg.. there is sumthin fishy goin on with milk.. Thank u sooo much Rahen sis for sharin tht info with uss... ITS kinda scary cuz i love my milk.. i unno why buh i jus cant live without milk ... guess i gutta cut down :'( ---------------> buh bye milk

uh...i dnt believe dis artilcle...milk is calsium and its good for bones, and teeth!!! so dis is jus b***s***

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Sweet, post: 295699
    uh...i dnt believe dis artilcle...milk is calsium and its good for bones, and teeth!!! so dis is jus b***s***
    ye ur ry miss sweet i've also heard tht milk is the bes dairy product out there buh hearin the thing bout the article is kinda fishy i unno... sum1 also told me 2day tht milk is bad for women... im gettin all kinda of things fr. all sorts of diff. angles... :s

huh...im studyin medcine...i have never heard it...