Thread: Power Dressing

Women across the world today are talking about Power Dressing. What is Power Dressing? It is the clothing style that is increasingly being adopted by women in the corporate Sector – It is all about exuding an air of assertiveness and competence.

Some of the most stylish Indian women, who are making their mark in the corporate sector, define their idea of “Power Dressing.”

SONIA GARWARE - Director-International Operations, Garware Polyester Ltd

Power dressing to me is: “Dressing with style and confidence. I think the mantra here is to be comfortable in your own skin and make your own style statement.”

My unique style statement is: “I don’t believe in trends and I portray my own style statement. I believe in dressing smartly but not outlandish.”

Office wear: “Though I look very ethereal and feminine, I handle my dad’s business and have to make many tough decisions. The way I dress also helps me show that I am confident in handling such decisions. It’s not easy being a woman in business. You’ve got to work twice as hard and try not to be as glamorous at work as you’d be otherwise. If it is a corporate affair, I dress smartly, confidently and conservatively.”

ZEBA MITHA KOHLI - Managing Director, Fantasie Chocolates

Power dressing to me is: “Being simple, stylish and sleek — just a simple white T- shirt with jeans or black pants work very well for me. According to me, clothes should be uncluttered and you should look presentable. When one is at a formal meeting, one should wear business suits that are simple and sleek. I also like wearing Indian tunics and pants that look elegant. I wear what is comfortable. I’m not too fussy while choosing my clothes.”

My unique style statement is: “Style for me is what suits my body well.”

Office wear: “I like wearing Indian clothes like kurtis and embroidered jackets.”

SCHAUNA CHAUHAN SALUJA - Director, Parle Agro

Power dressing to me is: “A stylish and expensive clothing style that conveys the impression of assertiveness and competence – that’s the definition I read somewhere. To me, something that you are comfortable in is power dressing simply because if you are comfortable in what you wear, then you automatically come out as a much stronger and confident person.”

My unique style statement is: “Smart, tailored suits. Clothes have the ability to empower the wearer, however a person that is not dressed up can invoke power with a single glance. But yes, I read somewhere that in a survey taken in the UK, 60 per cent women felt more in control if they power dressed and 25 per cent said, it made them perform better — I’d agree with the perform better part.”

My fashion mantra is: “Wearing the right clothes can really alter the way you feel, however, it’s important to not only feel good in the outfit but to feel comfortable too. And, no, I am not brand conscious.”

Office wear: “Is comfortable. I enjoy wearing salwar suits, saris or even knee-length skirts with blouses.”

MEGHNA GHAI PURI - President, Whistling Woods International

Power dressing to me is: “I think it’s important in any field of work to assert confidence and competence. Power dressing is just that. Women today are doing exceedingly well as managers and dressing well is definitely one of the factors that helps boost their confidence.”

My unique style statement is: “I think one must be confident in what they are wearing and their personality should reflect through their clothes. I try and do just that – so I guess my style is really a reflection of my personality.”

Office wear: “Trousers, preferably linen, and a smart shirt, or shirts teamed with cotton skirts. I like brands like ‘Mango’ and ‘Zara’.”

Source: magnamags
    http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/4091/69423957gy5.jpg
    On Independence Day Here's wising our dreams of a new tomorrow come true for us NOW AND ALWAYS!

thanks you...4 shearing...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]