Poll: Are children overloaded during summer holidays?

Thread: Are children overloaded during summer holidays?

Are children overloaded during summer holidays?
    http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/4091/69423957gy5.jpg
    On Independence Day Here's wising our dreams of a new tomorrow come true for us NOW AND ALWAYS!

Yes they are very much. In fact their childhood is getting messed up wih the kind of burden of schooling, books, honework and then parental over anxiousness abt their growth. They literally don't have the time for them to experiment on their creativity and new exposires on their own. The Do's and Don'ts have led them to utter confusion. I would like to see the parets be a more thoughtul about the feelings of their children and give them adequate time and space to act on their own, of course, with a watchful yet loving eyes onto them.
    http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/4104/48148536hl8.jpg

For those who are free,there is much to be grateful for May your home and your heart shine with the warm light of FREEDOM

where's ur vote?
    On Independence Day Here's wising our dreams of a new tomorrow come true for us NOW AND ALWAYS!

hey saira yaha ab karachi mein tou aisa hai ke summer holidays ke baad sab nai class mein jaate hai so they do not have any work kyun ke holidays ke pehle sab ke results aa jate hai...but kabhi kabaar jab school mein ek saath bohot saara kaam mil jaata hai aur is ki wajah se hum kabhi 2:00 ya phir 3:00 baje sote hai...it all depends...and then it is on students also that they should plan themselves as thier work is so they will never have problems...aur aap jaise keh rahi hai k aap ke waha or somewhere else childrens r having lots of burdens in thier holidays so agar itna kaam nahi hai k jo 2 months mein complete na ho sake n it is very very much homework so then it is wrong nor agar kaam hai so it is good bcoz ghar mein beth ker bore hone se acha hai k har din thora kaam aur thori masti is tarah acha bhi rahta hai...aur agar aap ab mujhe hi le le mere paas kuch kaam nahi hai so i always say k kash school on hoti so it means childrens need work they also dun want to sit like this at home...ya phir agar aap kisi bhi bache se pooch le gi jis ke paas kaam na ho tou woh yahi kahe ga k yes i want to go to school bcoz as i said everyone needs some work n that's all that...kaam sab ko chahiye but itna saara nahi ke woh un pe burden per jaey aur agar itna sab kaam hai tou aap school mein ja ker keh bhi sakte hai that we dun want so much work just give limited...ok.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Intelligence - you have got a point. Lekin agar aap macro level per dekhein tou burden hai. Hamare India mein tou 2.5 years se hi schooling shuru ho jaati hai. Nursery mein jaane lagte hain bachhe aur unke bag ka weight unse zyada hota hai. Lekin wahan unhein sirf khelne ko diya jaata hai 4 ghante tak. Aur ye 4 ghante unke liye fun tou hote hain lekin saath saath unki fatigue bhi badhati hai, Kyunki over enthusiastic parents unko private tutor ke hawale ker dete hain. Ye isliye ke woh chahate hain ke Nursery ke baad unke bachhe ki achhe school mein admissio ho jaye. Aur phir ye aajkal prestige issue bann gaya hai ke kiske bachhe ki admission first list mein hoti hai. Bachha tou kuchh samajhat nahin inn baaton ko coz, he/she is so young, Aur parents eik dam se uske upar sawaar rehte hain. Ye pressure bachhom ko na sirf physically burden dete hain balke mentally unhein insecured bhi banate hain. India mein tou situation ye hai ke youngsters commit suicide for petty reason due to this kind of undue pressure from all corners. And most of them suffer from acute depression. Not only that kids will have to undergo different kind of class tests every other day. Its a fact that kids are overloaded. It is not the question of having home work during vacation. Ye daily routine wali baat bhi hai. Aise mein bachhe na classes enjoy ker rahe hain aur na holidays. Jab school days itne hectic hote hain, tou mujhe nahin lagta hai unper vacation home work ki zaroorat hai. Rather kids should be exposed to new areas of creativity like paintings etc. during vacation. There can be excursion visit too for them to spend holidays alongwith extensive learning.
    http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/4104/48148536hl8.jpg

For those who are free,there is much to be grateful for May your home and your heart shine with the warm light of FREEDOM

yes too much...i can say that cause i hve gone through this phase of life..

I remember I was overloaded with homework way too much when I was in school.I used to spend one whole month of vacations in completing homework,the coming month was saved to relax and enjoy.

same here went for me saira...agree to that...