Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do (mental)medicines work?

I've never had a panadol help me ease a headache for me...

I feel the same about anti-stress and anti-depression tablets...

I know scientists qualified doctors and millions of research are behind this...

I don't think they really cure you....... it's all in ur head that this medicine in gonna help you now....
    And ultimately u help yourself.....

but sometimes they make you dependant ....

Do they really work or is it in your head?

Well Snaz that depends on a person if he really has a mental problem (depression, tention all stuff like that) then for sure medicines wont help him out but if he's physically strained then i do think pills will work !

Well said.
    But I mentioned Panadol too... and the common headache also..

all i'd say is, it's just the motivation which does wonders for oneself, medicine's are there to strengthen the bacteria's inside us, so that they may fight with the viruses or other misc crap. coming back to your question snaz, i really don't believe that a panadol or an aspirin would eliminate headache or something, back home in india, conditions are even worst, people believe that injection is more helpful than a tablet & hence a doctor is only respected if he/she injects an injection in your butts. strange isn't it ?

lol just used that term for the sake of it, i don't know anything about medical procedures and the viruses or anti viruses we have inside us, all thanks to no biology throughout my life :lol:

Dear Payal
    Thank u for accepting your ignorance,no one is master of everything
    Let me bore y ou with some basics
    bacteria,virus,fungus,parasites are all pathogens(disease causing) like our politicians.
    white blood cells and antibodies fight thesepatogens antibiotc drugs help in this fight
    other drugs by modifying chemial reactions either temprarily ( symptamatic ]orpermanently (cure)
    smallpox was eradicted by drugs :applaud;
    u make me happy