Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do parents secretly have a favorite son or daughter?

I know parents always profess to love their children equally, but it is hard to believe that parents develop relationships on equal levels with all children. Some children will take after their parents, while others rebel.

So to any parents/children on the forum or people who would be familiar, do you prefer one of your children more than the other(s), even if it is by the most minute or possibly large amount. The reasons for liking that child slightly more may be to his/her manners, behavior, interests, personality etc.

If so, do you feel like you consciously (or subconsciously) treat/being treated him/her any differently? More lenient or even more strict because you/they expect more?

OR oppositely, is the idea of having a "favorite" child ridiculous and you care/being cared about all your children exactly equally?
    Dream, I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Endurer @ Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:01 am
    I know parents always profess to love their children equally, but it is hard to believe that parents develop relationships on equal levels with all children. Some children will take after their parents, while others rebel.

So to any parents/children on the forum or people who would be familiar, do you prefer one of your children more than the other(s), even if it is by the most minute or possibly large amount. The reasons for liking that child slightly more may be to his/her manners, behavior, interests, personality etc.

If so, do you feel like you consciously (or subconsciously) treat/being treated him/her any differently? More lenient or even more strict because you/they expect more?

OR oppositely, is the idea of having a "favorite" child ridiculous and you care/being cared about all your children exactly equally?
    Sorry can't comment on it,I am the onlyChild of my Parents. :wink:
    ppl says 1 anda wo bhi Gunda :lol:

lol dont be like that, you should hafta be proud of what you are.
    Dream, I do.

welll same like manni...me too is the only grand child of my grand parents....
    but i think it do happens in some families boys win the pot.....may be it is because of our specific set of society...which is mail dominant.....
    and we can see another thing families that mom usually loves her son and dad show his love more for his daughter......but I believe that all children are same to their mom and dad....
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3..._girl/Sari.gif

!** I'M CooL.....I MaKe Ice JeaLouS **!

true zeeast sis.

zeeast sis its very rare, as far as my experiences are concerned, i'd opt out for now, as i need the more senior members to share their views/experiences.
    Dream, I do.

Well i also agree with this Point.
    From my dad side i am the only son,My Family is educated n brodminded,but still just cauz i am the only son in the whole familly,they treat me like a "King" lolzz,no seriously,they love me bit more thn my other (Female)Cousions.

no, actually i was pointing out the 'favorite child factor'

i'm just collecting (or atleast trying to) my experiences, there4 i'll reply accordingly
    Dream, I do.