Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SSC Ultimate Aero TT - Fastest Car Today

The American-built SSC Ultimate Aero TT is a supercar built by Shelby Super Cars (SSC) in order to rival the new Bugatti Veyron with speeds of over 250 mph (400 km/h) and a 0-60 mph time of 2.78 seconds (for the Ultimate Aero TT version). The car is the world's fastest production car at 256.15 mph (412.233 km/h), a speed reportedly achieved on September 13 2007 in West Richland, WA. The results of this test, verified by Guinness World Records on October 9 2007, gave the SSC Aero the world's fastest production car title.

The Aero's styling includes the use of butterfly doors similar to the ones found on the Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren, and the Ferrari Enzo, to name a few. It uses carbon fiber and titanium extensively throughout the car, keeping the weight down to 1233 kg (for the standard Aero). For the Ultimate Aero, weight is further reduced to 1179 kg by marking the navigation system, 10-speaker audio/CD/DVD system, video/DVD screen, and back-up camera as optional equipment; and removing air-conditioning and any trunk space altogether.

The engine in the base Aero model is a supercharged 6.2-litre (378.4 cu.in.) V8 engine rated at 787 bhp (587 kW) @ 6600 rpm and 998 Nm (736 ft·lbf) torque @ 5800 rpm, while the Ultimate Aero has increased engine displacement and increased supercharger boost, resulting in an astounding 1,183 bhp (882 kW) @ 6950 rpm and 1113 Nm (821 ft·lbf) torque @ 6200 rpm (Running on 104 octane gasoline.)

Wind-tunnel testing indicates that the Ultimate Aero could possibly reach a top speed of 437 km/h (273 mph) given appropriate transmission gear ratios. The base Aero, however, should only reach around 386 km/h (240 mph).

Despite its astounding performance, the Aero's fuel mileage is rated at an excellent (at least for a supercar) 18 mpg city and 27 mpg highway.
    Dream, I do.

woww Bro ye to buhat expensive hogi yar... kuch kuch McLearn shap mein hey

is this on sale...its awesome ... one drive and many mirrors are phew...

Ahan! Cooliyo! :bigthumb;

Don't ask me what this means

awww thanks villies bro iski price $650,500 se oper hai.
    Dream, I do.

wow, beauty! Macleran ki tarah ki hai
    "The world and all the things in the world are precious but the most precious thing in the world is a Virtuous Woman."
    - Prophet Muhmmad, Sal Allahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam

Quote Originally Posted by Endurer, post: 333400
    awww thanks villies bro iski price $650,500 se oper hai.

OK bro abhi to Vigo achi chal rahi hey ... ye next year lainge :biggrin:

i think theres a fasterr carrr
    bugatti veyron baby
    1001hp

Superb...v v nice