Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Overprotective Parents?

Well not exactly parents as far as I am concerned, but guardians. So, are your parents overprotective? I am being nice when I use the word overprotective and I expect you to do the same.

How do you (nicely/with respect) tell them to back off a bit and give you some space of your own? Even though we're brought up / fostered to respect our parents regardless of their attitude towards us, it just gets totally difficult to be nice and demand for something which we deserve or is our right.

How far would you go?
    Dream, I do.

for my right, i wud probably argue without going too overboard, and the moment things get heated..stop

Well, my father is overprotective. But I really like hime todo so bcz he is always right.
    ZINDGI JISEY SAB ILAAJ-E-GHUM JANTEY HAIN
    JIS TARAH HUM NE GUZARI HUM JANTEY HAIN

It's nice to see some obedient people here.
    Dream, I do.

yes my parents are over protective ..and i love that feeling in greater %..shukar al hamdALLAH...but sometime i really want to do things my way...

while my parents are protective...i wouldn't go on to say that they are overprotective.
    sometimes ive had to tell them bluntly the fact that they cannot always tell me what to do-we've had arguemnts..etc...but nothing that was disrespectful.
    As parents, yes they want to shelter me and have [with their rules], but at the same time they have let go of me - let go as to let me make my own decisions, knowing that they have instilled all they could and should in me - its now up to me to take it and run with it..

if they were to be overprotective, it would only hurt me in the end

Thanks Yaar
    ZINDGI JISEY SAB ILAAJ-E-GHUM JANTEY HAIN
    JIS TARAH HUM NE GUZARI HUM JANTEY HAIN

My parents r overprotective...but I hav no probs with that--it is just a natural thing for parents, so I respect that.
    ~Ye Dard Ka Tufaan Guzra kyu nahi..Dil Toot Gayaa Hai To Bikhra kyu nahi..Ek Hi Shakhs Ko Chahta Hai kyu Itna..Koi Dusra Is Dil Me Utarta kyu nahi~

Mine are a bit, but the arguement is that...how will the (muslim) society see this!

I argue the point with 'em that I dont care about what other people think...or if they talk behind my back...then they pretty much cool off cuz they know Im not gonna do anything stupid but just a bit concerned about the society and I dont like that!

Thats how I feel sometimes Muzi. It's always about the society. I mean why are they so obsessed with where they live (the God forsaken society) instead of who they live with (their children). They are (sorry to say) hypocrites at best. At one hand they want you to treat them like a monarch because thats what the religion says; respect - while at the other hand the same religion tells us to move out of your parents house as soon as you're married. Whats happened to us? I sometimes feel like a slave or something.
    Dream, I do.