Thread: The desperate socio-relatives

We are all victims, aren't we? We live in societies that play a huge role in our daily lives. I don't know if they do it just for the heck of it but I do know what happens when they do it. If this society was a corporate something, I'd seriously go for a class action suit against them. They like to defame you, draw their imaginations against your character, talk crap about you when you're not there, have concerns for your future e.t.c. This society in turn puts more burden on your parents to whom the society (or what they think) is the only thing that matters. Quoting a few posts from another topic:

Quote Originally Posted by Muzi, post: 341498
    I argue the point with 'em that I dont care about what other people think...or if they talk behind my back...then they pretty much cool off cuz they know Im not gonna do anything stupid but just a bit concerned about the society and I dont like that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Endurer, post: 341691
    It's always about the society. I mean why are they so obsessed with where they live (the God forsaken society) instead of who they live with (their children). They are (sorry to say) hypocrites at best. .
    Quote Originally Posted by friendlygal786, post: 341694
    wen they start talking bout society and people thinking bout wat we do...its really annoying. I do care bout others but the truth is most of our relatives and people from our community r gossip lovers. They want the gossip and will pick up any piece of info and stretch it just for the fun of it. Thats where I start to get angry and think, this is my life and I dont care wat "they" think at all. When the society starts to control our lives and what we do, then it becomes unbearable.
    I sometimes feel as if they own me.
    Dream, I do.

i've always found it that society finds it easier to point fingers when they believe that what we are doing is wrong, even when its not. rather than supporting us, they make it so, that we drive away from them. and though we do that, they still think that they have every right to meddle in our business. the day we let society start pushing us around, is the day we loose our self-respect. i'm not saying that we shouldn't respect society - because in a way they do represent who we are and come from, but at the same time, shouldn't they also respect us? what gets me boiling over is when they put my family down -mom and dad or us kids..but yet their kids have done things 10 times worse, yet they are raised up on a pedestal.

relatives ...they dont let one live..neither let one die...they hve full control over ones existence..and to be true their negetive comments does make a difference..many of the relatives are riding on two boats in one issue..1) using religion for their benefits..2) using humans for their benefits..and when one need them they are standing unseen right at the very back..
    but here i really wouldnot only want to point on relatives..but also the custom in which one is born and brought up ...remembering a story in my (college) urdu book of islamabad board of a poor villager who borrows money for the unnecessary funeral arrangements, birth of children and for sure he is unable to pay them back.reason..khandan mein baatein banayenge...badnaami hogi..and etc..in the end he is left with nothing in home to eat..and no relative is ready to help him with money..for his children medication...now what they(relative) will say...agar hum inhe denge some handful amt tau lenge kahan se...ya phir..itne years jo kamaya woh sub kahan kia...may be he is involved in playing cards...
    is liye..if one does everything to satisfy them..they have a gossip to make..and if one doesnot satisfy them still they hve a gossip to make...and nowadays...they have black magic to do ...more powerful than gossips...
    but shukar al hamdALLAH...my family is safe from black magic or any other...and i pray..baqion ki zindagi bhi is k asar se khatam ho jaye...ALLAH aise he hum sub ko mahfooz rakhe..ameen suma ameen.

Its hard to manage cuz everyday is a challenge in the society and you will loose your balance and fall down on your knees if you don't argue your point and if the society brings you down once then its nearly impossible to get back up and if you fall its all on you!

Not a damn thing is going to change if you don't argue your point, forget about your friends for a minute, and see all those people that are pointing fingers at you...ask them nicely don't go there, they don't listen, then forget about them, stop caring!

If you get pissed off by them saying all that crap to you then remind them that (if a muslim) in Islam it says not to judge anyone by what they do! For example: A person you see at the pub every weekend being so drunk that he can't find his/her way home and we judge that he/she is a bad person but what if that person is supporting five families with food?

stop think and then act!

Society will always point at you, you just have to back yourself up or just don't care!

Socio relatives are a fact of life and like Adeel bhai said, love themn or hate them they will always be there and we cannot just ignore them cuz after all we live in a society so to some extent we have to act in a certain way. But people just dont kno how to mind their own business, or to let people live in peace. Its almost like they are waiting for someone to make a mistake and they are ready to point fingers and talk. There is no thoughtfulness on their part...until they do somthing wrong. Then they act defensive...its all about being civilized and caring and to just think bout the people we r pointing fingers at or talking about, how will they feel? what r they going thru and how can we help..not how can we make it worse!
    ~Ye Dard Ka Tufaan Guzra kyu nahi..Dil Toot Gayaa Hai To Bikhra kyu nahi..Ek Hi Shakhs Ko Chahta Hai kyu Itna..Koi Dusra Is Dil Me Utarta kyu nahi~