Thread: please help me with this VIRUS

My system was infected by Win32/NSAnti virus. I have AVG 7.5 free version . I scanned my system one threat found and I move it to vault. But whenever I open any of my drive it show the message that Win32/NSAnti virus found in "C:\Documents and Settings\HassaanAhmad\Local settings\Temp\r74lae.dll".

i moved it to virus vault but again i use to get this same msg..

by reading on net i hav now finallay removed this virus..i think so..becuz AVG is not detecting it now.

but i cant see the Hidden Files and Folder, even after applying the settings to show hidden folders. This setting is reverted back to Don’t show hidden files and folders by the virus.

i read this on the net and did ...but still cant see the hidden files...

Follow the set of commands to delete these files

1. Open Start>>Run and type cmd and press enter. This will open windows command prompt window. On this window, type as directed in steps further and press enter at the end of each step.

2. type cd\

3. type cd windows\system32

4. type attrib -r -h -s amvo.exe

5. type del amvo.exe

6. type attrib -r -h -s avmo0.dll ,repeat the steps 5 and 6 again to delete avmo1.dll

7. now type d: and press enter for d: drive partition.

8. type attrib -r -h -s autorun.inf

9. type del autorun.inf

10. type attrib -r -h -s d.com

11. type del d.com

Similarly repeat from steps 8 to 11 for all your hard disk partitions to remove the files created by the virus.

Try this you will surely get back everything

Quote Originally Posted by volvo, post: 351101
    My system was infected by Win32/NSAnti virus. I have AVG 7.5 free version . I scanned my system one threat found and I move it to vault. But whenever I open any of my drive it show the message that Win32/NSAnti virus found in "C:\Documents and Settings\HassaanAhmad\Local settings\Temp\r74lae.dll".

i moved it to virus vault but again i use to get this same msg..

by reading on net i hav now finallay removed this virus..i think so..becuz AVG is not detecting it now.

but i cant see the Hidden Files and Folder, even after applying the settings to show hidden folders. This setting is reverted back to Don’t show hidden files and folders by the virus.
    Quote Originally Posted by volvo, post: 351102
    i read this on the net and did ...but still cant see the hidden files...

Follow the set of commands to delete these files

1. Open Start>>Run and type cmd and press enter. This will open windows command prompt window. On this window, type as directed in steps further and press enter at the end of each step.

2. type cd\

3. type cd windows\system32

4. type attrib -r -h -s amvo.exe

5. type del amvo.exe

6. type attrib -r -h -s avmo0.dll ,repeat the steps 5 and 6 again to delete avmo1.dll

7. now type d: and press enter for d: drive partition.

8. type attrib -r -h -s autorun.inf

9. type del autorun.inf

10. type attrib -r -h -s d.com

11. type del d.com

Similarly repeat from steps 8 to 11 for all your hard disk partitions to remove the files created by the virus.
    The virus you both are dealing with is a Malware.. your antivirus products might detect and put it in vault section but it can't be totally removed from your machines... as if you type in "Run"

file:///c:/autorun.inf

you will be seeing the .exe file always running (might be sal.win32.exe) in every drives in your computers...

Use these softwares that i m providing you below which will throw out any viruses and trojans which still your antivirus products are not recognizing..

Trojan Remover 6.6.7 Build 2514 - FFF

Trojan Remover aids in the removal of Malware - Trojan Horses, Worms, Adware, Spyware - when standard anti-virus software either fails to detect them or fails to effectively eliminate them. Standard antivirus programs are good at detecting this Malware, but not always so good at effectively removing it.
    Trojan Remover is designed specifically to disable/remove Malware without the user having to manually edit system files or the Registry. The program also removes the additional system modifications some Malware carries out which are ignored by standard antivirus and trojan scanners.

Trojan Remover scans ALL the files loaded at boot time for Adware, Spyware, Remote Access Trojans, Internet Worms and other malware. Trojan Remover also checks to see if Windows loads Services which are hidden by Rootkit techniques and warns you if it finds any. For each identified Trojan Horse, Worm, or other malware, Trojan Remover pops up an alert screen which shows the file location and name; it offers to remove the program's reference from the system files and allows you to rename the file to stop its activation.

Most modern Malware programs are memory-resident, which makes their de-activation more difficult. How many times have you been told to start your computer in 'Safe' mode, or even worse, in DOS? Trojan Remover does all this for you. When it finds Malware that is memory-resident, Trojan Remover automatically re-starts (on request) your system and completely DISABLES the Malware before Windows restarts.
    Trojan Remover writes a detailed logfile every time it performs a scan. This logfile contains information on which programs load at boot-time, and what (if any) actions Trojan Remover carried out. The logfile can be viewed and printed using Notepad.
    Trojan Remover is set to automatically scan for Malware every time you start your PC (you can disable this automatic scan if you wish).

Trojan Remover is designed to work on Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista. The program is not, at present, compatible with any 64bit version of Windows.

Changes in Version 6.6.7:
    * Added routines to scan for and delete known malware-related files during an active scan.
    * Added heuristic detection routines for rootkitted Backdoor.Rustock drivers.
    * Added scanning of the installed Wallpaper, in case it has been replaced by a malware HTML file.
    * Added routine to restore files virally infected by Trojan.Vundo.Injected (part of the Adware.VirtuMonde malware package).
    * Added new checks for restrictive Active Desktop policies, set by some malware to protect malicious active desktop content from modification/deletion.

Size: 8.7 MB
    Download:
    RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting

and for detection of malware adware scan through this world's best program

XoftSpy SE 4.33.273
    Instructions of XoftSpy SE:
    Install Application and Then Run the Update when asked.
    Then exit Xoftspy and Apply the Patch. Disable Automatic Updates
    In The Settings.

XoftSpy SE Blazing Speed - Scan Your entire PC in just a few short minutes!
    XoftSpy SE have largest database in the industry - Most Complete Protection for your Security/Privacy and Re-assures your surfing confidence! XoftSpy Supports Removal of Hundreds of Spyware & Adware products and all their Variants!
    Complete PC scanning: memory, registry entries, files and folders
    Removes with XoftSpy SE Adware, Spyware, W32/Spybot, Malware, Pop-up Generators, Keyloggers, Unwanted .

XoftSpy SE remove:
    Toolbars, CWS, Trojans and Browser Hijackers.
    -One of the largest databases in the industry
    -287437+ Definitions
    -New definitions added Weekly
    -Free definition updates
    -Backup and restore capabilities
    -Prevents identity and credit card theft
    -Increases your computer's speed
    -User-friendly interface

Download here
    Add On: http://w13.easy-share.com/1699702276.html

Don't use any rubbish antivirus products ... use the best one
    download from here

Eset SmartSecurity 3.0.642.0 (Newest)
    ESET Smart Security is a tightly integrated solution designed to protect computers from a range of threats. Built on the award-winning ESET NOD32® Antivirus and its powerful ThreatSense® engine, ESET Smart Security provides antispyware, antispam and customized firewall features. Utilizing ThreatSense — the industry's most advanced heuristics — the window of vulnerability between virus outbreak and signature update is reduced.

* Proactive Protection: award winning ThreatSense technology combines multiple layers of detection protecting you from Internet threats before it is too late. The included antispam and personal firewall features provide you with a total security solution.
    * Precise Detection: ESET accurately identifies known and unknown threats. It consistently wins top awards from testing labs and is recognized for having zero false positives.1
    * Lightweight Design: Smart Security requires less memory and CPU power, allowing your computer to run fast, making more room for games, web browsing, and emailing.
    * Fast Scanning Speeds: ESET Smart Security is a highly efficient program ensuring fast file scanning and product updates, while running quietly in the background.

ESET NOD32 Antivirus + Antispyware

• This component is in fact an improved version of the award-winning scanning engine of NOD32 Antivirus v2.7. With respect to program's unprecedented scanning speed, the following improvements have been made:
    • Improved system of cleaning and deleting infiltrations. The antivirus system now intelligently cleans and deletes infiltrations with no need for user interaction.
    • Computer scan can be run in background in order to use only a part of system resources. Thus scanning will not affect the
    performance of your computer and you will be able to work on it as usual.
    • The resident protection supports archive scanning.
    • Update optimization, smaller update package size than in version 2.7, more effective management and protection of update files against damage.
    • Email protection for users of Outlook Express.

ESET Personal Firewall

• Firewall monitors all traffic between a protected computer and other computers in the local network and in the Internet. High quality protection is provided by the following functions:
    • Scanning of application protocols HTTP and POP3 (used for Internet browsing and for retrieving email from servers) for infiltrations.
    • Checking low-level network communication which helps to avoid many of various remote attacks.
    • Ability to recognize the character of network connections established by various types of infiltrations and ability to automatically terminate them.
    • Filtering of incoming and outgoing communication based on user defined rules.
    • Monitoring changes in executable files.
    • Interactive and automatic mode. The former enables you to create your own filtering rules, the latter filters all communication automatically.

ESET Anti Spam

• ESET Anti Spam serves to filter unsolicited email, which makes your work with email more effective. The key features of the ESET Anti Spam are:
    • Support for the RCF email format
    • Supports several scanning techniques including the combination of Bayesian filter, virus signatures and user defined rules.
    • Supports the creation of Blacklist and Whitelist.
    • Integration with the Microsoft Outlook messaging and collaboration client.
    • Ability to control multiple messages simultaneously.

The difference between Nod32 Antivirus and Smartsecurity is that smartsecurity besides Antivirus also includes firewall, antispam og antispyware in one bundle!

Download:

enjoy...

hey how it can remove it??

Yar volvo Dear this virus u can try Mcafee antivirus ant 8 or 10...i think it removes that virus..The question is hidden files not shows the reason for this with this virus ur Xp windows is currepted so scan with mcafee then format the xp install fresh copy of xp then again Scan ...All inshahallah ok,,Befor formating c save all ure music or text or images from c to any othe drive...and also if u have any setups of softares in save any drive delete them because if ur window is cleaned and u install any of saved setup software from ure harddisk again 100% chances for virus atack...try mcafee and new xp must hy...ok

where u in Arabia..Me is Riyadh ,,Hara
    MYK
    www.enjoymenttube.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/pages/Enjoyment-Tube/227697370623550?ref=hl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

password needed

Quote Originally Posted by ketan, post: 351820

Eset SmartSecurity 3.0.642.0 (Newest)
    ESET Smart Security is a tightly integrated solution designed to protect computers from a range of threats. Built on the award-winning ESET NOD32® Antivirus and its powerful ThreatSense® engine, ESET Smart Security provides antispyware, antispam and customized firewall features. Utilizing ThreatSense — the industry's most advanced heuristics — the window of vulnerability between virus outbreak and signature update is reduced.

* Proactive Protection: award winning ThreatSense technology combines multiple layers of detection protecting you from Internet threats before it is too late. The included antispam and personal firewall features provide you with a total security solution.
    * Precise Detection: ESET accurately identifies known and unknown threats. It consistently wins top awards from testing labs and is recognized for having zero false positives.1
    * Lightweight Design: Smart Security requires less memory and CPU power, allowing your computer to run fast, making more room for games, web browsing, and emailing.
    * Fast Scanning Speeds: ESET Smart Security is a highly efficient program ensuring fast file scanning and product updates, while running quietly in the background.

ESET NOD32 Antivirus + Antispyware

• This component is in fact an improved version of the award-winning scanning engine of NOD32 Antivirus v2.7. With respect to program's unprecedented scanning speed, the following improvements have been made:
    • Improved system of cleaning and deleting infiltrations. The antivirus system now intelligently cleans and deletes infiltrations with no need for user interaction.
    • Computer scan can be run in background in order to use only a part of system resources. Thus scanning will not affect the
    performance of your computer and you will be able to work on it as usual.
    • The resident protection supports archive scanning.
    • Update optimization, smaller update package size than in version 2.7, more effective management and protection of update files against damage.
    • Email protection for users of Outlook Express.

ESET Personal Firewall

• Firewall monitors all traffic between a protected computer and other computers in the local network and in the Internet. High quality protection is provided by the following functions:
    • Scanning of application protocols HTTP and POP3 (used for Internet browsing and for retrieving email from servers) for infiltrations.
    • Checking low-level network communication which helps to avoid many of various remote attacks.
    • Ability to recognize the character of network connections established by various types of infiltrations and ability to automatically terminate them.
    • Filtering of incoming and outgoing communication based on user defined rules.
    • Monitoring changes in executable files.
    • Interactive and automatic mode. The former enables you to create your own filtering rules, the latter filters all communication automatically.

ESET Anti Spam

• ESET Anti Spam serves to filter unsolicited email, which makes your work with email more effective. The key features of the ESET Anti Spam are:
    • Support for the RCF email format
    • Supports several scanning techniques including the combination of Bayesian filter, virus signatures and user defined rules.
    • Supports the creation of Blacklist and Whitelist.
    • Integration with the Microsoft Outlook messaging and collaboration client.
    • Ability to control multiple messages simultaneously.

The difference between Nod32 Antivirus and Smartsecurity is that smartsecurity besides Antivirus also includes firewall, antispam og antispyware in one bundle!

Download:

enjoy...
    Hi, That eset antivirus *essne.RAR* file needs a password to extract...but u didn't provide any... Do u hv any idea what's the password is???

All of my prayers have been anwered when I BOUGHT Kasper InterNet Security no need to format or go into any deep programming just spend wisely and let the professionals take all the hassel!!!

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm