Thread: Will one be punished for the Waswaas?

Will one be punished for the Waswaas?

The Muslim will not be punished for the waswaas that come from the Shaytan or from his own nafs, so long as he does not speak of it or act upon it. But he is commanded to resist it, and if he neglects to resist it and goes along with it, then he will be punished for that neglect.

Ibn Katheer (rahimahullah) said, ‘The phrase, ‘and whether you disclose what is in your own selves or conceal it, Allah will call you to account for it.’ [Soorah al-Baqarah (2): 284] means that even if He brings you to account and questions you, He will not punish you except for that which a person is able to ward off. As for that which he cannot ward off, such as the waswaas of the nafs, no one is accountable for that, and hating evil waswasa is part of faith.’

And he quoted the Hadeeth, ‘Allah has pardoned my Ummah for what they say to themselves, as long as they do not utter it or act on it.’

What would Shaytan do with a ruined house???

Shaikhul-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah (rahimahullah) said, 'Waswaas is something that happens to everyone who turns to Allah in dhikr etc; it will inevitably happen to him. So he should be steadfast and remain patient, and persist in his dhikr and prayer, and not give up, for, by persisting in it he will foil the plot of the Shaytan and, 'ever feeble indeed is the plot of Shaytan.' [Soorah an-Nisa (4): 76]

Every time a person wants to turn to Allah in his heart, whispers of other matters come to him. The Shaytan is like a bandit; every time a person wants to travel towards Allah, he wants to intercept him. Hence, it was said to one of the salaf, 'The Jews and the Christians say, we don't experience He said, 'They are right! What would Shaytan do with a ruined house?' [Majmoo al-Fatawa (22/608)]

Leave no room for the Shaytan to instill suspicion

Safiyyah bint Huyay, the wife of the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said, 'The Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) was in I'tikaaf, and I came to visit him at night. I spoke to him, then I got up to leave. He got up to go with me and take me home.' Her home was in the neighborhood of Usamah ibn Zayd. Two men of the Ansaar passed by, and when they saw the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) they hastened on. The Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said, 'Wait a minute, she is Safiyyah bin Huyay.' They said, 'Subhan-Allah. O Messenger of Allah!' he said, 'The Shaytan flows through man like his blood, and I was afraid that he may instill evil thoughts in your hearts.' Or he said, instill something…' [Saheeh al-Bukharee (6/336, no.3281)]

This hadeeth recommends that a person should be aware of every situation that may give Shaytan a chance to instill suspicions in people's minds and that he should try to keep himself safe by explaining anything that may look suspicious.
    Imam as-Shafa'ee said about this Hadeeth, 'The Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) was afraid that some suspicion may enter their minds thus causing them to commit Kufr, so he said that out of mercy towards them, not because he was worried about what they would say.' [Talbees Iblees, p.46]

Along the same lines, we should choose our words wisely not saying anything that may be interpreted in a number of ways, some of them bad! Nor should we address our fellow brothers and sisters with words or nicknames that offend them for this gives the Shaytan a way in to cause enmity. 'And say to My slaves that they should (only) say those words that are the best. (Because) Shaytan verily, sows disagreements among them. Surely, Shaytan is to man a plain enemy.' [Soorah al-Isra (17): 53]

Taken from As-Sunnah Newsletter - http://www.qsep. com
    As-Sunnah Vol. 2 Issue No. 11

Quranic Dua

English Transliteration

"Rabbi a'uzubika min hamazatish Shaytaane
    Wa a'uzubika Rabbi anyehzuroon"
    (Quran surah 23:Ayah 97-98)

English Translation

And pray: 'My Lord! I seek your refuge from the suggestions of the evil ones;
    I even seek Your refuge, my Lord, lest they should approach me.'
    (23:97-98)

(Aameen)

Wassalamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barkaatuh,
    Your sister and well wisher in Islam,
    Umme Safoora
    I M What i Call i m "i m Loaded hell"
    http://www.123glitter.com/comments-g...file/11208.gif

jazakALLAH alf khair..

waqayi mein ...waswaas ki wajah se kafi gharon mien jhagre hoye hain...aur agar yehi duaeen parhi jayen...tau kafi had tak ghar mein sakoon aur ALLAH ki rahmat kaim rehti hai..

Jazak Allah ... very informative and to the point !