Assalam aleikum,
waz abt to make potato cutlets and a search in google brought me to this awesome recipe...its seems yummy...so thought why not share it here also..so here it is..try it and enjoy...:d

Potato Cutlets

These cutlets are soft in the center with a crisp coating and I love eating them the best,as an evening snack along with a cup of steaming hot tea!Here goes the recipe...

Ingredients

Potato (boiled) = 4 big ones
Onion = 1big
Ginger (chopped) = 1tbsp
Garlic (chopped) = 1tsp
Thai red chilly = 1
Cumin = 1tsp
Coriander leaves (chopped) = 1tbsp
Mint leaves (chopped) = 2tsp
Red chilli powder = 1tsp
Turmeric powder = 1/8tsp
Garam masala powder = 1/2tsp
Egg = 1
Breadcrumbs
Salt

Method

Boil the potatoes,peel their skins and mash well
Heat a tsp oil,saute the finely chopped onion,ginger,chilly and garlic,till onion turns translucent(Do not allow it to turn brown)
To the potato mash add the sauted onion mix,coriander,mint leaves,red chilli powder,turmeric powder, garam masala powder,cumin seeds and salt

Mix well,making sure to break any potato lumps to form a smooth mash

Divide into small balls and shape it into either round or oval

Beat an egg and coat the balls in it and roll it inthe breadcrumbs
Deep fry till brown
Drain on paper
Serve hot with sauce or chutney

P.S To make the cutlets more crispy,you can roll them in maida and then coat with beaten egg and breadcrumbs
Once you mix the sauted onion mix to the potato mash,make the cutlets immediately orelse the onions tend to become soggy and makes rolling into a ball difficult

Breadcrumbs

The breadcrumbs I used here was made from dried burger bread.We can make breadcrumbs with any type of bread.All that we have to do is to allow the bread to dry naturally or just bake the bread until it becomes dry and then powder it.It is the breadcrumbs that gives the cutlet a crisp coating and is also partly responsible for the deep brown colour of the cutlets.