Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Photoshop Actions (Great Collection)

Assalam aleikum

Photoshop Actions (Great Collection)
    InshaALLAH here i will be uploading Photoshop Actions..as much as i can find..
    hope u hve a great time downloading and using them ...

How to Create and use Actions in Photoshop:

This tutorial is going to provide a step-by-step guide on how to use Photoshop Actions. Actions are an easy way to apply the same thing (cropping, rotating, filters, etc.) to a large collection of images. In this tutorial I’m going to demonstrate how to crop the center out of every image in a folder.

Actions are simply a recording of all the tools used during a period of time. The action can then be played back on a collection of images to yield the same result.

Step 1: Open the 1st Image
    The first thing we need to is open an image that will be used to create the recording. This should probably be one of the images you’re going to process, but it can be any image.

Step 2: Create a new Action
    Now we need to create a Photoshop Action that will hold the recording. Locate your Actions window. Mine appears on the left side of the screen. If is not visible, you can bring it up using the main menu: Window->Actions.

The window should look similar to the window on the left.
    What we need to do now is create a new Action using the ‘Create new action’ button located at the bottom of the Actions window.

When the new action button is clicked, a window similar to the one above will be displayed. From here you can set the name of the action, any shortcut keys, and a color to represent it. Shortcut keys are used to playback the action after it has been created. For instance, if you chose F2 as the key and checked the ’shift’ checkbox, every time you hit shift+F2 on your keyboard, the action will be applied to your current image. For this example, I’m going to leave everything as the default values.

Step 3: Record the Action
    As soon as the record button is clicked, the action will begin recording.

As stated above, the example I’m going to use is cropping the center out of my images. All that I need to do is perform a single crop while my action is recording.

Here’s my example image. Let’s say I have a bunch of shots of this flower and I want to crop out the grass. Here’s the crop I did while recording.
    All that I need to do now is save the new image. It doesn’t matter where I save it to because we’re going to override where the Action saves later. We just do this so the Action knows it needs to save. If the image you did this to is in the folder you’re about to process, don’t save it to the same location. If you do, it will be processed twice.

To finish your action, hit the stop button located on the Actions window.

Step 4: Apply the Action
    This is the last step. We’re now going to apply the Action we just created to a folder of images. Bring up the Batch processing window: File->Automate->Batch. It should look similar to the window below.

There’s a lot on this window, but we only care about a few options.

The first thing we need to do is set the correct Action. Up in the ‘Play’ area, select the Action you just created.

In the next area down, set the source as ‘Folder’. Hit the choose button and select the folder where the image you’d like to process are located.

In the next area down - Destination - set it to ‘Folder’ also. Now choose a folder in which to save all your processed images. I like to keep all of my originals, this is why I choose a separate folder to save processed images. Check the ‘Override Action “Save As” Commands’ checkbox so the Action saves the images to the destination folder.

The “File Naming” area lets you specify how output files are named. For this example, I just left them named the same. Usually I’d tack on a “cropped” to the end of the filename or something similar to that.

As soon as you click ‘OK’, your action will begin running on each image in the source folder. When it completes, all the images will be cropped and saved in your destination folder.

How to use Photoshop Actions as a beginner

This Tip is intended to be a very basic introduction for people wanting to learn how to use actions in Photoshop.

The Action Window

Here's what the action window look like. manually u can view it by going to Window>Actions at the menu bar

You can also view Action window, if u r using button mode.
    In this mode, all the actions appear as buttons.You can switch between modes using the menu that pops up when u click the little right-arrow in the upper right corner.

To turn Button Mode on or off, just click "Button Mode" in the menu to check or uncheck it

Loading Actions

One easy way to load an action is to use drag-and-drop with your mouse:

1. Open Photoshop and open the folder that contains the Photoshop action that you want to load, and position the two windows side-by-side.
    2. Click the action file (the one ending in ".atn") and while holding down the mouse button, drag the action to the Photoshop window.
    3. Release the mouse button. You will now find the action in the Actions palette.

Another way to load an action is to use the menu in the actions window. To open the menu, click the arrow in the upper right corner.

Then select "Load Actions..." and browse to the location on your hard disk where the action resides. The default directory for Photoshop actions varies depending on the version and where you installed it, but on my system it is

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop CS\Presets\Photoshop Actions

You may have a different default directory, or you may have saved actions in a directory other than the default directory -- just browse to wherever they are.

Running Actions

Let's assume that we want to run one of the frame actions from ACsFlexibleFrames.

First, if the action set is closed, as it is in this screen shot, you need to click the arrow to the left of the action set name to open the set.

Now that the set is open, you select the action you want to run by clicking on the name of the action, for example "FramedChiseledMedMatte," which will highlight the name. Then click the "Play Selection" button at the bottom of the Actions window (it's a right arrow).

The action will run, and your photo will be framed.

Checkmarks and Rectangles

You can see that all of the actions above have checkmarks, and a few of them have icons in the rectangles to the right of the checkmarks. What do these mean?

Checkmarks
    • A checkmark to the left of a step in an action means that the step will execute when the action is run.
    • A black checkmark to the left of an action name or an action set name means that all steps inside will execute.
    • A red checkmark to the left of an action name or an action set name means that only some steps inside will execute.

Rectangles
    • An icon in the rectangle to the left of a step in an action means that the step will stop for your input when the action is run.
    • A black icon in the rectangle to the left of an action name or an action set name means that all steps inside will stop for your input.
    • A red icon in the rectangle to the left of an action name or an action set name means that only some steps inside will stop for your input.

Again, in most cases, you don't click the checkmarks or the rectangles. We'll see when and how to use them when we record our own action below.

If you inadvertently click the rectangle beside the name of an action or action set, it will add or remove the icons from every step inside, and usually that is not a good thing. If you do that, and you have a good copy on disk, you can always reload the action from disk.

If you want to "turn off" a step in an action, you can uncheck it. If you uncheck an action set or action instead of a step, it turns off everything inside -- again, that's usually not a good thing.

-----------------x---------------x--------------------

350 photoshop Actions in One Folder

350 photoshop Actions in One Folder
    Download to have a look

Download Link

X Light Submitter: Graham Jupp
    Date: 1997

Type: Text effect
    Description: My very first action. Xfiles-like lighting through text.
    Instructions: Just run the action, instructions are in it.
    Plugins req: None
    Compatibility: PS4, PS5, PS6?
    <Download>

Electron Submitter: Graham Jupp

Description: My impersonation of an electron microscope.
    Instructions: Just run the action, instructions are in it.
    <Download>

Statika Submitter: Graham Jupp

Description: Interesting static outline.
    Instructions: Just run the action
    , instructions are in it.
    <Download>

Phaser Submitter: Graham Jupp

Description: Spin me round baby.
    <Download>

Concrete Decay Submitter: Graham Jupp
    Date: 1998

Description: Concrete with rough edges.
    <Download>

Plastika Submitter: Graham Jupp
    Date: 1998

Description: Gives your text that plastic look.
    <Download>

Terminal Submitter: Graham Jupp
    Date: 1999

Description: Just like an old green screen terminal.
    <Download>

Gaseous Submitter: Graham Jupp

Description: Poisonous green gas
    <Download>

Electra Submitter: Graham Jupp

Description: Electrified text
    <Download>

ActionKit 1

Click Download ActionKit to download these ten actions to your hard disk. They're in .zip format, so you need to unzip them.

This is your standard effect for adding that bit of 3-D to an image. Unlike the one that comes with Photoshop, this action can work on individual layers and does not require a selection. The softness and offset of the shadow are adjustable.

Similar to Drop Shadow, but more appropriate for images on a black background. The size and softness of the glow are adjustable.

Gives a nicer effect than the standard Photoshop Emboss filter (for one thing it keeps the colours of the original image!). The size and softness of the emboss effect are adjustable.

Creates a cloud of wispy smoke or steam rising from the current layer. Great for those "Hot" banners!

Effectively "raises" the current layer above the background. Works in a similar way to Drop Shadow, but the white highlight helps to bring the layer out from the background.

Produces a striking effect on the current layer. A series of blue and white sparks appear to flow around the objects in the image, giving them an electric halo.

For that sci-fi page, you can't beat a load of stars in the background! This action generates a new layer filled with random stars.

More spacey stuff with Nebulae. Why bother downloading Hubble telescope images when you can generate your own nebulae - and only a trained astronomer will notice the difference!

Summon the Dark One himself with this somewhat disturbing effect. Generates a new image based on the current one, but transformed into a flaming inferno.

Generates a waterfall effect on a new layer, with the dimensions of the current image. Different each time.
    Download ActionKit

ActionKit 2

Click Download ActionKit to download these ten actions to your hard disk. They're in .zip format, so you need to unzip them.

Takes your image and makes it look like it's on a TV screen - bleeding colours and interlace lines included. Cool.

Creates the effect of the current layer sitting on a bed of snow by filling the shadows. Works best on overhead photos.

Adds snow to the "top" (i.e. highlights) of the current layer, as if it's freshly landed there.

The effect is of a sheet of purple silk hugging the current layer.

Gives the impression that the current layer is made from dimpled orange peel!

Makes a new layer with the effect of the current layer viewed through deformed glass (like you get in front doors).

Who needs drugs when you have these Actions! Your PSD appears in the centre of a new image, with zoomed blurs all around it... groovy.

Even more screwed up than Tunnel Vision. Same idea, but this time the blurs are twisted round through 90 degrees for total disorientation! Greeeaaat!

For when you need that distinguished effect, here's a marble slab generator! Makes a new layer filled with a green and white marble effect.

Not to be confused with the Clouds filter. This version produces clouds which actually look like real clouds!
    Download ActionKit