Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Photoshop Actions (Great Collection)

Description
    The first in the "Highlight FX" series, the "Sepia Highlight Soft Edge" action takes your image and creates a stunning window (the size and location of which you choose) surrounded by a lighter sepia effect and a soft edge. As with all these actions, this effect is very customizable. Works well on a wide range of pictures!
    Instructions
    Simply follow the instructions given at the stops in the action to acheive the right effect for your particular image.
    Requirements
    Photoshop CS or higher.
    Download
    Highlight FX 1

Description
    The "TackIt! Mini" action creates a web-ready picture tacked up on a bulletin board. This handy little effect has plenty of customization options, including the width of the picture border, the amount of shadow for both the photo and tack, and the color of the tack.
    The "Mini" version varies from the "TackIt!" Action Set in that it contains the convex photo effect only, a smaller "web" version of the "Tack" Photoshop file, and the final output is limited to 600 horizontal pixels. All the other customization options of the paid set are available, except that you cannot add additional tacks.
    Instructions
    TackIt! comes with a full PDF instruction manual which details the various features and customization options available, as well as covering a few other issues. Overall, however, this is a pretty straightforward action to run and use. Enjoy!
    Requirements
    Photoshop CS or higher.
    Download
    TackIt! Mini

Description
    This simple yet productive set of 12 actions will help you create several common portrait effects, and particularly wedding portraits. The set consists of 11 effects, plus an action with some brief instructions and pointers.
    Included in the set is an action to help enhance skin tones, 4 black and white conversions, a dramatic light contrast action, and 5 variations of soft filter effects.
    While these actions were made specifically for use on your wedding pictures, feel free to experiment on other types of images as well. Also, you can acheive a wide variety of results by combining these actions on the same image.

Instructions
    Just load the actions into Photoshop, make sure you have a flattened image open, and press "play"!
    Requirements:
    Photoshop CS or higher.
    Download
    Wedding Enancers Kit
    Previews:

Description
    Don't settle for ordinary text -- make it super! Here's an effect to help you do just that. This is actually an action set comprised of 6 different actions. The first creates the generic superhero text, the second gives a thinner 3-D effect, and the third takes the 3-D text into the distance.

The last three actions are "Modifiers". These actions create a different effect on the action you've already run. However, you must stop the text effect as directed (at the prompt which asks whether or not to continue and merge layers) in order to run the Modifier actions.

I must say that credit for this action should not go entirely to myself. I was inspired by the very good tutorial at Free Photoshop tutorials - Celoxdesign tutorials. In fact, I basically ripped it off and put it into action form -- with, of course, some of my own tweaks and changes.

The effects themselves can be customized quite extensively, including font, distortion, location and size of highlight, and color of the text. In addition, you'll have the option of keeping the effect unmerged so you can fiddle around with the layer styles or run the Modifier actions..
    Instructions
    Pretty easy to use. Just follow a few simple instructions that pop up as the action plays through.
    Requirements
    Photoshop CS or higher.

Download
    SuperHeroes

note : these actions hve been taken from finessefx.com

Description
    Here is another complete makeover of one of my old text effects! P.S. was originally inspired by the idea of that "afterthought" tacked on at the end of a letter. As such, the effect gave text a soft, gentle feel. Although this action has been completely made over, the inspiration behind it is the same. The action renders a gentle effect with muted colors and soft edges. Enjoy!
    Instructions
    Simply load the action into Photoshop and play!
    Requirements
    Photoshop CS or higher.
    Download
    P.S.+

Description
    Took a great photo, but don't have mutliple exposures to create an HDR image? Simply don't want to spend the time creating HDR images? Then this action is exactly what you're looking for! In just a few simple steps, this action will mimic that dramatic High Dynamic Range look.
    This action offers the ultimate in customization as you can tweak virtually every effect applied to the image to suit your particular image and taste even after the action is complete! You have complete control via adjusment layers, layer masks, and layer blend modes and opacities (and yes, it works great with Photoshop CS!). You should find this both useful and fun!
    Instructions
    Load the action into Photoshop and follow a few simple prompts as the action plays.
    Requirements
    Photoshop CS or higher.
    Download
    Pseudo HDR
    Previews (mouse over for original image):

Description
    We've all been there. That portrait you shot was perfectly composed and it looks very nice -- except for that ugly greasy shine on the model's skin. How about those candids -- some bad glare from that flash? Perhaps your lighting and focus was perfect, but every blemish, pit and wrinkle was captured in marvelous detail along with the rest of the image!
    These were some of the issues with the sample images on this page. However, the two actions contained in this set ("Grease and Shine Removal" and "Skin Smoothing") will go a long way to remedy these nagging problems. Take a moment (if you haven't already) to roll your mouse over the images on this page to see the before/after. The top sample image was shot by me for a friend's wedding. The bottom two are stock images. I have written a tutorial describing my workflow on the wedding photo so that you may get the most out of these actions.
    The "Grease and Shine Removal" action simply and effectively reduces glare on skin. You airbrush over problem areas and the magic happens! Plus, you can adjust the effect to suit when after the action is over.
    "Skin Smoothing" produces a gentle blended effect for your skin. I must acknowledge the very good and popular tutorial by Mizuno as the basis for this action. I thought putting this workflow in action form would be convenient. However, if you want to learn more about the process, check out his tutorial. As with the other action, you airbrush in the smooth skin and get to see the magic occur. This effect is also easily customizable. If the end result looks a little too "porcelain dollish" to you, try simply reducing the opacity of the smooth skin layer.
    Instructions
    Simply load up the actions and follow a few on-screen instructions. For best results, have a flattened image open, or run the actions with the top layer (not an adjustment layer and no layer masks) selected. Oh, yes... and know how to paint with the brush tool. :-)
    Requirements
    Photoshop CS or higher.
    Download
    Magic Skin Action Set (also, don't forget to check out the Magic Skin tutorial!)
    Previews (mouse over for original image):

Very informative. Thumbs up Rahen. Some of the information i didn't know. Thanks for sharing dear.
    "The world and all the things in the world are precious but the most precious thing in the world is a Virtuous Woman."
    - Prophet Muhmmad, Sal Allahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam

well these are plugins to be used with photoshop ...in the start i have added..how to make and add Actions to photoshop and then later a collection of Actions..

I know, i was talking abt the description of everything written abt it.
    "The world and all the things in the world are precious but the most precious thing in the world is a Virtuous Woman."
    - Prophet Muhmmad, Sal Allahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam