Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should Homework be given to Students?

u r SO rigt entangledesi i agree wid u

There are many chances Entangle to do homework on their own...u get support, u get cooperation, u get ur age ppl around facing the same problem almost and then their is infact great chances of not feeling complex...group studies does give much better... What is happening in reality in schools is what we majority of us have gone through...and thats what u r also saying..but i find this way simply not right..i think...i think education expands mind...not homework...whats wrong if that homework is done in school under the guidance of ur own subjective teacher...instead of pending it for home...i find this point to be changed in schools...so that kids can get other things to ponder without having stress which is seen nowadays in children.

they have alot of time to do other things...aapi! homework doesn't take 24 hours...it just takes 1 hour to finish it!!!children needs homework...they have soooo much time to do other things than homework...

I also disagree here. I believe, homework develops students initiative and responsibility.
    I also wanna quote here ''If they don’t have homework then, they will spend their most of the time in playing games either on computer or other general games. They will spend their precious time with friends, without any reason. When they go back to school then they don’t like to study and want that free time again. And then study is just a problem for them''
    "The world and all the things in the world are precious but the most precious thing in the world is a Virtuous Woman."
    - Prophet Muhmmad, Sal Allahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam

Thank you Miss_Sweet

Rahen : there's nothing wrong with completing homework in school, if time should be ample, but should not cut into lecture time. As for other things kids have to stress about...what exactly are you referring to?
    At that age, I'm not saying kids shouldn't be involved in other activities, but those are extracurricular activities. By not giving homework, you are only encouraging kids to do nothing, but either sit and watch tv or play video games.

u know what...after reading all ur replies...i think there should be homework...but it shouldnot be stress taking as it is seen nowadays...children cant cope up with completing their homework within 4 hrs ... then health is also important for them..and top of that...teachers nowadays are working on completing their syllabus rather than making them understand...and then when some kid has tuition and has his/her work done through that...then there is favourism among teachers...i m not pointing teachers...but the point is the system which is coming from ages...

^^i do agree with you on that..these days im seeing kids in high school having to do alot more then when i was in high school five years ago-some i do understand with education becomng more and more important

in todays society we are making kids grow up sooner than they should be...and then turn around and question their actions... [but thats another topic]

yah thats where i hve a problem...and thats the reason i find and want teachers not to give homework instead prepare them in the class only...with creative teaching.
    Education should be abt gaining knowledge ...not stress for children.

Yes, now I am no fan of Home Work and more then Home Work I hate unnecessary home work. But through Psychology I have been able to learn why Home work is so essential part of education and becoming smart. Home work is just another way to revise what you learned in class, because we encode, and process, and the things we learn go into our "Long Term memory " Only when we have learned the concept more then once, and it is good enough to place in the Long Term Memory.

For example, we come across a many words, but we don't remember them, unless we used them at least twice in a sentence, and we write them, and we interact and again use the sentence.

Talking on my own experiences, I am currently in Advance Placement Psychology and I took the AP test for it on Wednesday, now since Monday I had been reading the summaries in the Kaplan's Ap Psych practice book, guess what guys, by the time I was to take the test I could not remember anything. Even though I love psychology, It was never a priority class for me, i just did the work almost with my eyes closed.

Home work teach people to concentrate, it gives them a chance to absorb and learn on their own.

i agree if homework does teach that..but homework should be a homework not a burden..