Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should Homework be given to Students?

Hello,
    I think it shouldnot be given to students...no matter if they have some more hours like from 8 to 2 but they shouldnot be bringing home work from there as it makes them more into studies and out of the activity they are supposed to indulge into...yah i know there are some schools where sports is also given importance but how many...what do u say...should home work be given to students...

ofcoz it shud be..waise bhi aajkal koi students ghar pe parhte nai hain...aur agr homework na dia jae to bilkul hi nai pareinge

yes..as much as i hate it, students need some form of homework..
    im not saying that students should get a load of homework, that takes them away from doing other activities..these other activities..ie sports isn't gonna get them into college or get them a job.. some should come home with them, atleast a few times a week

how else you are really supposed to know if you understand something or not?
    isn't homework about learning to figure something out, and if you don't ask questions about it?

just assume..if the School isnot giving any homework to students...then for sure they are making them do it in the school only...what ever the learning things is there...they will do it in the schools only with all the children of their age..where u can work on ur own rather than on being bounded to tuition teacher/ parents/ getting nothing to understand.

everything has its advantages and so has homework ...but i think giving no homework will be more beneficial...as then a child going to study the same thing in the evening wouldnot be doing it unless any test/exams...he will be using that time in other activities which are important as well..

u r right..but dnt agree wid u

and what does that mean sisoo..

i mean ke aapki soch sahi hai...leiken i dnt agree wid u on dat

Quote Originally Posted by RAHEN, post: 357502
    just assume..if the School isnot giving any homework to students...then for sure they are making them do it in the school only...what ever the learning things is there...they will do it in the schools only with all the children of their age..where u can work on ur own rather than on being bounded to tuition teacher/ parents/ getting nothing to understand.

everything has its advantages and so has homework ...but i think giving no homework will be more beneficial...as then a child going to study the same thing in the evening wouldnot be doing it unless any test/exams...he will be using that time in other activities which are important as well..
    but doesn't giving homework..also teach a student how to balance work and play??
    a way of responsibility in a sense..

the schedule in the school every child has does teach them balance...infact time management also...

honestly what are the chances of students actually DOING the work on their own...if the work is only given during school hours..BE REALISTIC..chances are greater that students are going to get together and either work on it together one way or another..ie copying answers..
    okk yes..students already do that when it comes to going homework assignments..
    but sometimes homework goes on beyond what is taught in the classroom..homework isn't always about what the lecture or book says..
    infact it can also be a way of expanding a students mind..
    but mainly homework isn't just MORE work for the student after spending 8 hours at school..
    but preparation