Angels keep record of your intention too!

B i s m i l l a a h i r R a h m a a n i r R a h e e m

As Salaam o Alaykum wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barkatuh!

Angels keep record of your intention too!

It has been related that the angels also record a person's intentions. This is why a person is rewarded for having a good intention and sometimes bad intentions.

Imam Muslim narrated from Abu Hurayrah (radhi allahu anhu), who said,

'The Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alahi wa-sallam) said, 'Allah says, 'When My slave intends to do an evil action, do not record it. If he does it, then write it down as one say'ah (evil deed). If he intends to do a good deed and does not do it, then write down as one hasanah (good deed), and if he does it, then write it down as ten.'
[Saheeh Muslim (1/117, hadeeth no. 128)]

And in another hadeeth of Bukharee and Muslim,

'The angels says, 'O Lord, Your slave wants to do something bad,' although He (Allah) Knows best about him. So, Allah says, 'Watch him. If he does it then write it down as it is. If he does not do it, then write it down as one hasanah for him, for he is abstaining from it because of Me.'
[Saheeh Muslim (1/117, hadeeth no. 129)]

Narrated Abu Bakrah Ath-Thaqafi (radhi allahu anhu),

'Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alahi wa-sallam) said,
'When two Muslims are engaged in a combat against each other with swords, and one is killed, both are doomed to Hell.' I said, 'O Messenger of Allah! As to the one who kills, it is understandable, but why the other one?' He replied, 'He was eager to kill his opponent.' [Agreed upon]

This Hadeeth leads to the conclusion that one would be punished for such sinful intention for which he has made a firm determination, and for the commitment of which he has adopted necessary measures, even if he doe not succeed in committing it because of certain obstruction. Thus, determination is different from a suggestion from the devil. The latter is excusable while one is accountable for his determination.
[See, Riyadh as-Saliheen]

Taken from As-Sunnah Newsletter - http://www.qsep. com
As-Sunnah Vol. 2 Issue No. 6

---
Alahumma infa`ni bima `allamtani
wa `allamni ma yanfa`uni!

OH ALLAH! Make useful for me what You taught me
and teach me knowledge that will be useful to me!
(Aameen)

With kind and humble regards,
Your sister in Islam
Umme Safoora