Thread: Abhishek Bachchan

Full Name: Abhishek Bachchan
    DOB: 11 February 1976
    Height: 6’1’’
    Schooling: He began at Bombay Scottish School; continued at Jamnabhai and finished studying at Aiglon School in Switzerland
    College: Boston University
    Family: Father Amitabh Bachchan, Mother Jaya Bachchan, and a Sister married to Anil Ambani’s cousin.

What Abhishek says about himself ? ’’I have a bad voice, my diction is not right and my eyes lack intensity’’

Bollywood has not been fair to Abhishek Bachchan, neither have Indians for that matter.
    While i was getting a shave,my barber(from Delhi) asked me

Barber: ’’Sir aap ne ye Rakht dehki hai’’
    Me: ’’Haan mein kal uske world premiere pe gaya tha’’
    Barber: ’’Saray star lof udhar ai thay?
    Me: ’’Haan sivai Neha dhupia aur Sanjay Dutt ke’’
    Baber: ’’Ismay woh Amitabh ke ladka bhi hain na’’?
    Me: ’’Haan woh ek ghanay ke liye hai aur end mein ata hai’’
    Barber: ’’Phir ro ye film flop hai pucca !’’
    Me : ’’Kyun?’’
    Barber :’’Woh manhoos hai salaah, jis pitchur mein aata hai usko flop karta hai, us Miss World Lara dutta ko bhi flop kiya, Aishwarya ke saat bhi ek flop film bhanai’’......... ye mahnoos hai sir isnay woh Mani Ratnam ko bhi flop kar diya’’

Gawd !! is what the common man thinks of the son of the Shahenshah of Bollywood?

But then didn’t Dil Se also flop? so Shah Rukh is manhoos?
    Yaadien was the worst movie of all time by such an acclaimed director Subash Ghai, do we blame Hrithik... no !! The movie and script we plain and simple crap !

As a ’’public character profile’’ he seems to be a really guy.. he’s not getting drunk and having fights, not driving over people or threatening anyone, seems to have no attitude problems, hasn’t had a love child with an author and doesn’t abuse or threaten his ex or current girlfriends.

Abhishek came into the picture (not spotlight or limelight !!) with Refugee with a JP Dutta a man who directs nothing but colossus sized movies and is obsessed with anything on the border. Though the movie was not that great and the script
    was surprising useless it worked wonders for Kareena- she headed for stardom.
    Not because of her movie, but her family name.
    I think that AB acted pretty well for his first role but later never got a move that could be made a mention of.

On the personal front, Karishma decided to leave him coz she didn’t see AB doing very well or any other reasons, but his personal life didn’t go well either.

Lady luck is not on his side (literally), even his mother JB admitted he ’’is a struggling actor’’. Well he’s been struggling for 4 years now.

Any results- Yes and no.
    Firstly No becoz still no hit.
    Yes because his role in Zameen ’hinted’ he could act. Then came Yuva, AB’s most powerful performance to date and this year’s best acting by any actor after Big B in Khakee and Ajay Devgan in Khakee. No other movie that has fared well has some worthy acting.
    So Junior Bachchan proved he can act to all those who have written him off. Lallan Singh- how many people actual remember character names of Actors? Say Lallan Singh and everyone knows what you are referring to: Yuva- so he has made an impact there.

I’ve always liked AB since his debut, but disliked his choice of movies, but which actor doesn’t have flops choose wrong scripts? India’s highest paid star Aamir Khan who claims a stunning 7.5 crores has had his share of flops too.

’’Phir milenge’’ really didn’t do for Abhishek what Damini did for Sunny Deol in the lawyer role but his acting was noteworthy nd he delivered his dialogues well- his character could have been moulded well but there was no ’’dum’’ in it.

Ajay Devgan was probably the ugliest actor who entered Bollywood and i didn’t recall one person appreciating him or his acting but over the years he has improved his acting and personality.

Abhishek is still young, and one learns from his mistakes. To learn to walk one must fall many times.

I franky liked AB in ’’Om Jai Jagdish’’ (which was not too much, but he delived what he was asked of )& Kuch na kaho. His performance in Run was average because the script was below average.
    For an actor to display his talent the script must support him and so must the director. How many ’notable’ movies has Boney Kapoor made? Yes he has had hits but he doesn’t bring out a character like Ram Gopal Verma.

He hasn’t found the perfect role to display his abilities.

Hrithik didn’t do any ’award winning’ roles but he is a hyped up ’superstar’, he began to deliver flops one after another...... come Rakesh Roshan to the rescue.... make a script that will ’outshine’ Hrithik for the next coming years where after
    this a flop wouldn’’t make a difference coz ppl will blame the movie and say ’’no but Hrithik can act’’.. coz the role was tailor made for him.

In the same way, Abhishek needs the right role.

He need to improve his personality, physique, dressing style and please please please Hair !!! Gosh get some tips from Style bhai Suneil Shetty the best dressed person in maybe India!!
    His closet in Rakht is a little different and his hair for 2-3 shots has improved.

Given the right roles.. he will live upto everyone’s expectations.(or those that don’t expect him to !)

He’s not really my favourite, but i go for his movies knowing he can act. There was a time i’d never go for an Ajay Devgan movie if i got a free ticket, but today i do see his movies.

Upcoming movies:
    Naach by Ram Gopal Verma
    Ranveer an ABCL production starring Big B. (Was put off but might be started again)
    Bunty Aur Babli starring Big B
    Sarkaar by Ram Gopal Verma with Big B. again.

Interviews:
    http://www.india-today.com/ttoday/102000/unplugged.htm
    http://downloads.movies.indiatimes.c...ov2000/sp.html
    http://www.theindian.co.nz/testing/default.asp?page=602

he's turning out to be a good actor, i like his Dhoom.

but I think John Abraham stole the show in Dhoom..... not Abi...
    see the difference in their dressing style too...

John definately carried his role well

talking about john, i've always been a great fan of his, he deserves an applause for his perfomance in Jism.

@ last years awards when SRK and Saif were hosts someone got an award for Jism and he said "I'd like to thank the producers and the team for this award"...

SRK said "We too would like to thank the Jism producers for other reasons !"

i guess john deserved more, didn't he ?

Abhishek Bachchan is an Indian actor and son of Amitabh Bachchan and Jaya Bachchan. He is married to actress and former Miss World Aishwarya Rai. Bachchan made his debut with JP Dutta's Refugee (2000). In 2004, he appeared in Dhoom and Yuva. His work in Yuva has received several awards, including his first Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor.