Thread: Can I perform prayers wearing make up and nail polish?

Question
    Can I perform prayers wearing make up and nail polish in my house ?

Fatwa

All perfect praise be to Allaah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, and that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger.
    A woman can pray with her makeup and nail polish in her house or in any other place where no alien man can see her. But if she needs to make Wudu or bath (Ghusul) then she has to remove only that makeup or nail polish which stops water from reaching her skin. Any other makeup could be left without removal.
    Allah knows best.
    I M What i Call i m "i m Loaded hell"
    http://www.123glitter.com/comments-g...file/11208.gif

I don't think ye sahi hai aur wese bhi ye konsa makeup hota hai jis se pani penetrate kar jae use kharab kie bigher?

I dont know much... !
    But with nail polish on fingernails...the wudhu is not valid, because the water doesn't reaches you fingernail surfaces due to layer of the nail polish !

And it makes sense, that when you wash your face in wudhu...the makeup will be washed away

I dont find anything wrong with the answer...i think it is right...
    do wodhu...and then apply makeup...and then go to any place u want...u can pray with makeup on...
    i usually do this way...and it is not considered wrong..

Yeah i agree with Rahen here. However, one cannot perform ablution with nail polish on ... which is also written in the first post.
    "The world and all the things in the world are precious but the most precious thing in the world is a Virtuous Woman."
    - Prophet Muhmmad, Sal Allahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam

I also agree with all of you. I hope raiazlan gets back to this thread some day

lol, i hope so too
    "The world and all the things in the world are precious but the most precious thing in the world is a Virtuous Woman."
    - Prophet Muhmmad, Sal Allahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam

oh yah....infact i think ring should also be half removed..if u think the water cant go through it...water should reach all places of wodhu...