Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Emotional Cheating

Emotional cheating happens when you:

* Discuss your partner and relationships with your “friend.” You share your fears, hopes, and dreams (this is emotional intimacy).
    * Meet your “friend” for dinner or lunch without telling your partner.
    * Keep your computer, files, and internet sites password-protected.
    * Hide or are secretive about your life, relationships, and activities.
    * Keep your partner waiting while you spend time with your “friend.”
    * Stay in regular, intimate contact with ex-boyfriends or ex-girlfriends. Emotional cheating can spring from close relationships with past lovers.

It's sad that this thing is quite common now, people do that without even realizing that they are doing something wrong.

yea Tulip...it is happening alot and its a serious thing, it IS actual cheating
    ~Ye Dard Ka Tufaan Guzra kyu nahi..Dil Toot Gayaa Hai To Bikhra kyu nahi..Ek Hi Shakhs Ko Chahta Hai kyu Itna..Koi Dusra Is Dil Me Utarta kyu nahi~

* Meet your “friend” for dinner or lunch without telling your partner.
    Eh! How is this cheating? I have a friend, I like spending time with him/her so why, at the first place, do I need to inform my spouse? I don't think we're babysitting each other.

* Discuss your partner and relationships with your “friend.” You share your fears, hopes, and dreams (this is emotional intimacy).
    I don't discuss or share anyone's fears but I do share what we have in common. Sometimes I need to vent off or just get something out of my mind.

* Keep your computer, files, and internet sites password-protected.
    * Hide or are secretive about your life, relationships, and activities.
    Cheating? Whatever happened to privacy?

* Stay in regular, intimate contact with ex-boyfriends or ex-girlfriends. Emotional cheating can spring from close relationships with past lovers.
    That's cheating.

* Keep your partner waiting while you spend time with your “friend.”
    Grow up, please.

Now present whoever wrote this whine of an article up there in Yassi's post.
    Dream, I do.

so wat exactly r ur views bout emotional cheating Bhai...do share
    ~Ye Dard Ka Tufaan Guzra kyu nahi..Dil Toot Gayaa Hai To Bikhra kyu nahi..Ek Hi Shakhs Ko Chahta Hai kyu Itna..Koi Dusra Is Dil Me Utarta kyu nahi~

I don't think there's anything as such as emotional cheating.
    Dream, I do.

hmm...ok, I have experienced it so I hav to say there is such a thing

How were you cheated emotionally?
    Dream, I do.

well, wat do u call it wen ur partner talks for hours to a friend of the opposite sex (day and night) and hides it from u...for 2 years...and when u find out he fights with u for his friend, defends her and even tho it hurts u, wont stop talking to her??

breaking of trust...leads to emotional instability...and in other words i think that will be called cheating...