Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Emotional Cheating

Hello friends

Wanted to know wat u think about emotional cheating...is there such a thing? What is emotional cheating and wat r ur thoughts on it.
    If anyone doesnt kno wat it means, let me kno, I'll be happy to explain it
    ~Ye Dard Ka Tufaan Guzra kyu nahi..Dil Toot Gayaa Hai To Bikhra kyu nahi..Ek Hi Shakhs Ko Chahta Hai kyu Itna..Koi Dusra Is Dil Me Utarta kyu nahi~

if ur refering to emotional blackmail, u women know plenty about it. it's a sad strategy to get ur way all the time.

NO, im talking bout emotional CHEATING...do u kno wat that is
    ~Ye Dard Ka Tufaan Guzra kyu nahi..Dil Toot Gayaa Hai To Bikhra kyu nahi..Ek Hi Shakhs Ko Chahta Hai kyu Itna..Koi Dusra Is Dil Me Utarta kyu nahi~

arrg u should explained it

ok, well emotional cheating is wen u cheat on ur bf/gf by talking/sharing ur feelings, probs, wit another guy/girl...its just like physical cheating only it doesnt involve physical contact

i wouldn't classify that as cheating. ur friends are the ones to go to when ur stressed out or have problems. I open up to my friends more then i do to my family.

Can you explain it furthur Yasra?
    I am getting your point that you feel cheated (or hurt) when you come to know that someone so close to you is sharing stuff with someone else and not you. But does that mean he/she is not supposed to be friends with anyone else other than you??

Sure Tulip...here is an article explaining it further

Is having a friend of the opposite sex (or the same sex, as the case may be) a sign of emotional infidelity? Here's how psychologists see signs of emotional cheating.

Emotional cheating can be difficult to wrap your mind around. It’s not like a “real” affair (with intercourse) or a “sort-of-but-not-really” affair (everything but the intercourse). Emotional infidelity doesn't necessarily break spoken vows, create unwanted pregnancies, or spread sexually transmitted diseases. Emotional cheating can't always be spotted in the traditional ways.

Emotional infidelity can be as devastating to a marriage or partnership as sexual unfaithfulness - if not more so. Determining the difference between harmless flirting versus cheating is important to a healthy relationship.

How emotional cheating starts

Most people don’t plan to be emotionally unfaithful. Emotional cheating starts by casually chatting with coworkers or people they see regularly – and it grows into more than “friends.” They go for lunches, take business trips, or make special efforts to see the person’ to whom they’re getting attached. They think about their “friend” more and more, until it becomes a definite emotional bond. Those are signs of emotional cheating.

Internet relationships are more and more popular since everyone’s wired up. Emotional cheating now begins in chat rooms, forums, or discussion groups. They evolve into private conversations and emotional infidelity.

[I]Signs of Emotional Cheating[/I]

Emotional cheating happens when you:

* Discuss your partner and relationships with your “friend.” You share your fears, hopes, and dreams (this is emotional intimacy).
    * Meet your “friend” for dinner or lunch without telling your partner.
    * Keep your computer, files, and internet sites password-protected.
    * Hide or are secretive about your life, relationships, and activities.
    * Keep your partner waiting while you spend time with your “friend.”
    * Stay in regular, intimate contact with ex-boyfriends or ex-girlfriends. Emotional cheating can spring from close relationships with past lovers.

Emotional cheating happens when you:

* Discuss your partner and relationships with your “friend.” You share your fears, hopes, and dreams (this is emotional intimacy).
    * Meet your “friend” for dinner or lunch without telling your partner.
    * Keep your computer, files, and internet sites password-protected.
    * Hide or are secretive about your life, relationships, and activities.
    * Keep your partner waiting while you spend time with your “friend.”
    * Stay in regular, intimate contact with ex-boyfriends or ex-girlfriends. Emotional cheating can spring from close relationships with past lovers.

Its pretty much what you just said there

man and woman are not meant to be 100% faithful
    but to be able to overcome temptations ,crush and flirtation and live with real affection with ones partner,if can achieved it is remarkable
    after the marriage once the initial euphoria wanes
    husband is a bore
    wife is sexually not exciting
    u make me happy