Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who have better Friends Men/Women ?

I totally disagree..One of my best friends is male...and there is no uncomfortableness around one another just be because of your differences in gender..perhaps it could be that we are open-minded and say what's on our minds..no matter what

it's not always about having or wanting more than a friendship just because we're friends with someone of the opposite gender

as for you're last statement..age will only further my belief that males and females can be friends

Quote Originally Posted by EntangleDesi, post: 378839
    I totally disagree..
    u have the right...

One of my best friends is male...and there is no uncomfortableness around one another just be because of your differences in gender..
    Well I disagree with that...

perhaps it could be that we are open-minded and say what's on our minds..
    Open minded... wanna definition for that, as people have various definitions for this, some people say having affairs is open mindedness while other's just keeping friends of opposite sex is open mindedness while other have still horrific definition.

it's not always about having or wanting more than a friendship just because we're friends with someone of the opposite gender
    It always is...

as for you're last statement..age will only further my belief that males and females can be friends
    Lets hope so...

1. as do you - we're humans - we can all have our own opinions..there is no right or wrong to this
    2. So are you saying that you could never just be friends with a female, just because she's not male? What if she has all the qualities of a good friend who will be there for you no matter what and stand by your side? [Again, this is just a question..let me know if I offend you] Not every male or female wants to be with every person of the opposite sex.
    3. open minded - there's no limitation put on what we can or can't say to one other [and no I don't mean open minded as in having affairs or any of that kind of business]
    4. Ooo I know it will, I don't need hope :]

in my long life i had many non sex female friends
    no hard and fast rule
    some times i have to console when her would be hurts her
    u make me happy

1. Exactly..
    2. I am saying even if we make friends 4m opp sex then we can't share the same comfort level which we share with same sex buddies, and if opposite sex is involved then there is lot of flamboyancy around. n no I am not feeling offended, as its an discussion n u have every right 2 put ur points n thoughts fwd. n I hope I did'nt offended u, even if so I am not sorry 4 dat as I spoke the truth!
    3. Good!, I just gave u possible meanings and definitions that people use for open mindedness.
    4. Time will tell, as age n experience changes many things in life.

If one has to be flamboyant around other people, then they aren't truly being themselves and those aren't friends at all. There's only a need to be showy if you're trying to impress the other person and I believe that if you are truly friends then there is no need for all that.
    Sure, there are somethings that I wouldn't do with my male friends that I would do with my female friends, but at the same time I doesn't mean that I would completely shut them off from that side of me - if I would do that, then I wouldn't be me and our friendship wouldn't be real.

Friendships cannot and should not be limited based on gender..honestly, and this is what I believe, if you can't be comfortable with someone no matter where they come from or what gender they are, it's you that has the issue [and again, I don't mean you as in you, but you as in people in general]

if i am comfortable with opposite sex bosses,colleagues and subordinates why not friends of opposite sex
    u make me happy

There r many things which 1 does if he/she have friends 4m opp sex..
    like they r prejudiced that they r best friends n r comfortable wid each oder...
    they try to find ways to get into conversation every time... n in petty issues too try 2 take advise to keep opp sex happy... etc etc etc...
    I dont have f friends ... if I wud hav I wud hav been able 2 write more about the problems...
    1might try to think that its not the case wid them.. or they r xception then...they might b decieving demselves, as God himself has created 2 gender's and made them dirrent 4m each odr!

Flamboyancy is bound to happen if there is involvement of the opposite sex.
    I am not limiting friendship, its the nature which has limited it and this is not which I believe but this is the fact. Even if U was meant 4 me ... den also it waz ok ... but thx 4 clarifying dat!

Flamboyancy can occur just anywhere, if the person feels the need to be extra just to prove that they are something they are not - even without opposite sexes being involved. It's not something that comes about just because two people from the opposite sex are involved.

Yes, God has in fact created two genders that are different, but aren't you missing out on so much by not keeping friends of the opposite sex? And just being around those that are like you?

I just never knew that gender was a criteria for friendship. I personally have learned so much about what is out there and myself, by having male friends around me.

Question though, you mentioned that you don't have a female friend..is that because you don't wish to have one or because you've just never found a really good female friend where you were able to look past the fact that she was female?