Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Diversity in relationships

In this era of globalization, we have lots of choices - but do we look for diversity when meeting people? IMHO, it's the sameness that dominates. We like to meet people who are just like us or share something in common.

The point behind this topic: Diversity or sameness, which of these is healthy to have in a relationship?
    Dream, I do.

Diversity is good because you get to learn new things from people that are totally opposite from you. You get to know more and do more with them.

Sameness is good because you'll have someone to share the same experiences and who will actually understand what you're going through.

Conclusion: You should have both.
    Get off my back

I agree...a little bit of both but if I has to choose, I would say sameness cuz its safer
    ~Ye Dard Ka Tufaan Guzra kyu nahi..Dil Toot Gayaa Hai To Bikhra kyu nahi..Ek Hi Shakhs Ko Chahta Hai kyu Itna..Koi Dusra Is Dil Me Utarta kyu nahi~

^like she said, sameness would be ur safest bet.

Diversity can change a person. this may or may not be a good thing.

Both are just as healthy and unhealthy.
    Sameness could be the safest best...but isn't the saying that 'opposites attract'?
    so wouldn't it be better to have diversity with some of the sameness...
    I'm totally rambling...but yes, we are attracted to those that are like us/share our interests...because, well its just easier...there's no working to find out or try what the other person likes..but with diversity -there's just a whole new world out there...

I completely agree with the posts above. Both are risky or you should have a bit of both.
    Personally i sometimes feel attracted to someone who is different than me or has qualities that i don't have but in the long run i find it easy to be with people who are like me in some way or the other.

IMO diversity would suck big time in a long term relationship because it'd translate to more differences. It's the same ol sameness that builds a strong relationship, one that would last longer.
    Dream, I do.

thats a good point Bhai
    ~Ye Dard Ka Tufaan Guzra kyu nahi..Dil Toot Gayaa Hai To Bikhra kyu nahi..Ek Hi Shakhs Ko Chahta Hai kyu Itna..Koi Dusra Is Dil Me Utarta kyu nahi~

Quote Originally Posted by Endurer, post: 366158
    IMO diversity would suck big time in a long term relationship because it'd translate to more differences. It's the same ol sameness that builds a strong relationship, one that would last longer.
    but wouldn't that also cause the two to butt heads...ie two people with very wrong opinions on a subject?

Its not like they're going to live in a humanless planet - there sure are going to be plenty around them.
    Dream, I do.