Thread: Meeting the parents

Truly, it is the most difficult of all the pre-marital exams that you have to go through; meeting his or her parents. How do you present yourself when you meet them for the first time? Also, what needs to be taken care of beforehand in this regard? What if things go wrong? What not to do? What to do? The questions are countless and the pressure is enormous.

It would be great to have someone share his or her experience.
    Dream, I do.

Come on, people!
    Dream, I do.

being married in family...there waz a vast difference in my communication before and after nikah.i really uptil now dont know how really to talk to them..i present my self the way i am..that is safe for the long run..when something is bothering/great/annoying/funny/praising i will speak up..at the same time trying to upgrade the relationship keeping in watch what reaction my hubby is having...i take care to have a balance of everything...not too obedient and not too violent...learn to accept what is right and speak for the right in low pitch...nowadays all i say to my mother in law is "ji- theek hai" and then i will give my point if any starting with kind of " aap ki baat sahi hai aur agar hum aisa karein tau...(giving my view)" ..with my father in law...it has always been good...he is aware of my nature..and i m kind of friendly and frank with him...with his brother and sisters...its like the way they treat me...but with kids it is always friendly...i m just a beginner in this...dont really have any experience..that will start when i will talk to them face to face...

Thats good to hear sis but it's more of a post-marital experience. What I'm more interested in knowing is the pre-marital experience of things with his parents.
    Dream, I do.

oh .. pehle bolna tha na...chalo masla nahi hai...

Abi dair kahan howe
    Dream, I do.