Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: About Depression

Just try to use your energies in some constructive pastimes, like sports or working out. That is one sure shot way of killing frustration. A lot of times it is just because of stress or frustration.

Pathological mood swings are very drastic transformations in the individual's mood and are caused by behavioral problems, like severe depression or bipolar disorder.

many thanks evian, yes exercise at a daily basis and more time off the pc is working for me at the moment
    Dream, I do.

dear friends!

I am depreesed the way depression was tackled in this thread. depression is a psychological disease with biochemical malfunction. Stess is an agravating factor,and the indvidual has little parental understanding and support.everybody will agree only mildest diabetis can be contloed by diet modifiction sameway mild depression can be tackled nonmedically,.sicide is a real danger in depression .For severe depreeion ?
    u make me happy

@ jeya,

Agreed, suicide is definitely one of the alarming issues when it comes to severe depression. Although the manifestations of depression are different in different individuals, genders and ages (For example, males tend to get more aggressive and violent, while females tend to get sad and down) still the idea of ending one's life is a common one in both.

But I would disagree with you on the management, usually counselling and drugs go hand in hand in real life. Usually counselling does not work on it's own.

two doctors are online, i'm gonna step aside

ok evian i agree.Payal u can clear any doubt
    with some cosultation fees ooherwise doctor will be depressed
    u make me happy

lolllllllllllz@jeya

so best medicine for depression is laughter
    u make me happy

yeh, but when you are really depressed you don't feel like it