Thread: why God allows pain

This is one of the best explanations of why God allows pain and suffering that I have seen...

A man went to a barbershop to have his hair cut and his beard trimmed.
    As the barber began to work, they began to have a good conversation.
    They talked about so many things and various subjects.
    When they eventually touched on the subject of God, the barber said:
    "I don't believe that God exists."

"Why do you say that?" asked the customer. "Well, you just have to go out in the street to realize that God doesn't exist.
    Tell me, if God exists, would there be so many sick people?
    Would there be abandoned children?

If God existed, there would be neither suffering nor pain.
    I can't imagine a loving God who would allow all of these things."
    The customer thought for a moment, but didn't respond because he didn't want to start an argument.
    The barber finished his job and the customer left the shop.

Just after he left the barbershop, he saw a man in the street with long, stringy, dirty hair and an untrimmed beard.
    He looked dirty and unkempt. The customer turned back and entered the barber shop again and he said to the barber:
    "You know what? Barbers do not exist."
    "How can you say that?" asked the surprised barber.
    "I am here, and I am a barber. And I just worked on you!"
    "No!" the customer exclaimed. "Barbers don't exist because
    if they did, there would be no people with dirty long hair and untrimmed beards, like that man outside."

"Ah, but barbers DO exist! That's what happens when people do not come to me."
    "Exactly!" affirmed the customer. "That's the point! God, too, DOES exist!
    That's what happens when people do not go to Him and don't look to Him for help.
    That's why there's so much pain and suffering in the world."

If you think God exists, send this to other people---
    If you think God does not exist, delete it!

BE BLESSED & BE A BLESSING TO OTHERS !!!

really nice and thanks for sharing
    If Allah is with you, whom do you have to fear?
    If Allah is against you, what hope do you have?

prayer

yeah, but some times you go to Him and nothing happens - your prayers do not get answered!

don't be dispairing with Allah, He is what become our prejudice...

All our Prayers are answered!

Quote Originally Posted by andrewthewarrior, post: 394653
    yeah, but some times you go to Him and nothing happens - your prayers do not get answered!
    Brother Andrew, in Islam its an article of faith that all of our prayers get answered. There is not a prayer which is invoked to Allah with sincere heart & it is rejected, There may be sometimes when we feel that we have not been answered, especially if do not get what we asked for. The Islamic concept of such situations can be understood well with the following example.

If your kid or brother, who is 7-8 years old, want to have a car and he asked you to buy him a car, so will you grant his wish?

Of course not, as if grant him according to his will, which is much ahead of age and time it will be a loss for him. He can injure himself if you buy him a car, or can cause serious causalities to himself or others. So what you do is you refuse his request and ask him to wait, so as to get able to handle that car, else the same luxury can be disastrous for him. In the same we should believe that if GOD has not given us something immediately when asked then, it is because he knows what is good for us in what time, and if he will grant that wish before the time than it will cause us loss, like if your wish was also a car then it might cause accident etc. So as GOD Almighty knows what is better for humans in particular time, he grants accordingly. Till that time we have to be patient, and we have to hold our faith that he is all listening, helping and our survivor.

Second situation that might arise, is one thing which we asked, we did not got. This is also due to the fact that Allah is all knowing and best of judges. If Allah thinks that the particular thing for which we wished is not good for us, or it can cause more damage to us than good then he refrains from granting it, as we do not know which thing might benefit us and which thing can put us in troubles. So we have to thank Allah if our wishes were not fulfilled, thinking those were vain and wrong desires, from which GOD protected us.

But in Islam according to Prophets Traditions, there something more to get joy in this type of situation. As according to authentic tradition, there is a saying of Prophet Muhammad PBUH, that if we had some wish and if it was not fulfilled in this world then their is a reason to cheer as Allah SWT will give us in place of our unfulfilled wishes multiple amount of good deeds in here-after which will help us in our salvation.

The Hadeeth ( Saying of Prophet ) goes like this.

On the day of Judgment Allah will bring a man to his accounts and will show him his bad deeds, and that man will accept all of those deeds, and when Allah will ask him have done any good deeds?, he will answer that except from having faith and asking you I have no other good deeds, even if there are any then its nothing when compared to the bad actions I have performed. Then Allah will show him the mountains of good deeds and will ask "do You know of whom does it belongs?" he will answer in negative and will say certainly not to me, as I have never done so much of good deeds in my whole life.

"Then Allah SWT will say, it does belongs to you, remember o son of Adam, you asked to me such and such thing in the world and I did not grant that thing because it was harmful for you, from gaining that wish you would have lead deeper into sins and would have gone astray, so I refrained. But for that prayer here is reward in from of a good deed, and then again you invocated me for such and such thing but due to its losses I did not grant it to you but for that I have kept for you a mount of good deeds"

Like this for all unfulfilled wishes he had, he will be granted loads of good deeds, and by seeing and hearing that the person will cry out to his lord and say

"I wish all of my prayers in the world would have been rejected"

Quote Originally Posted by dark_sion23, post: 396431
    He is what become our prejudice...
    I didn't get u!

Fine

Thanks for sharing this topic.I think "All things depends on God" .