Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tips For Healthy Nails

Tips For Healthy Nails

It important to have healthy nails. The color of your nails is an indicator of your general health. Your nails are a part of your body too so you must take good care of them. Everyone likes clean, well-manicured and polished nails. Nails too need to be taken care of properly. Eating a healthy diet is important for your nails. It is important to include certain vitamins in your daily diet to ensure that your nails are healthy and look beautiful. Here are a few tips for healthy nails.

Healthy nails are transparent and look pink in color as a result of the blood beneath them.

If you wear nail polish on a regular basis then, take them off for a day or two every week, in order to let your nails breath.

Add shine to your nails by massaging coconut oil or warm castor oil on to them.

If you do not like nail polish then apply dry soap to your nail and buff or use lemon peel for a similar result.

Dip a cotton-tipped swab in hydrogen peroxide to clean under the nails and whiten them.

Before giving yourself a manicure dip your nails in a cup of warm water with one tablespoon of lemon juice.

Put your fingertips in half a lemon and twist your finger back and forth to clean the cuticles and nails. For dry and brittle nails eat food that is rich in vitamin A and calcium.

For hangnails eat food rich in protein, vitamin C and folic acid.

Eat protein rich food for white bands across the nails.

Deficiency of hydrochloric acid causes nails to split.

Deficiency of vitamin B 12 can lead to dryness, rounded and curved ends and darkening of nails.

Eat food rich in zinc to prevent white spots on the nails.

Poor metabolism of essential fatty acids causes red skin around the cuticles.

Ensure that half of your diet is made up of fresh fruits and raw vegetables. This will supple your nails with vitamins, minerals and enzymes.

Eat food rich in sulfur and silicon like broccoli, fish, and onions.

Eat food rich in biotin such as soy, brewer’s yeast and whole grains.

Drink plenty of water and fresh fruit juices.

Supplement your diet with spirulina and kelp to make your nails strong.

Drink fresh carrot juice as often as possible as it is rich in calcium and phosphorus and good for strengthening your nails.

Thanks so much for the reference to the website, have been long dealing with problematic nails which not only includes them being yellowish in nature they occasionally break and are so ugly to look at. Basically I did not know much about nail care only at intervals used to apply nail polishes. But that did not help the cause, I am glad these tips may help me now to get the desired results. Great to find this no sooner I joined this place.

Finger nails and toe nails are primarily made of protein. All people should have healthy nails. Healthy nails reveal that your body is healthy. A beautiful woman should have clean, well-manicured and shining nails. Avoid putting your hands in water for long time. Avoid immersing the hands in strong detergent. Eat broccoli and onions to get sulfur and silicon. Eat adequate proteins that helps in building new and strong nails. Brewer’s yeast contains all the needed nutrients high in protein. Eat soy, brewer’s yeast and whole grains.
    --------------------
    Renita

Search Engine Optimization

Hi
    Its indeed a very interesting post. Very informative and of everyday use.
    Thanks a lot pal

nail care tips!

Finger nails are not bottle openers! (or screwdrivers, or paint scrapers, or…)
    You shouldn't abuse your nails by using them to pick at things or rip open containers or other things. We have tools for a reason! Because your nails grow slowly, an injured nail can show signs of damage for months.
    Drink those glasses of water
    One of the best things that you can do for your nails is to drink a lot of water. Not only will you have healthier, stronger nails, you'll have shinier hair, better skin, and might even loose a pound or two!
    Healthy nails from the inside out
    If your nails are sensitive and fragile taking supplements like zinc and Vitamin B can add to the overall health of your nails.
    For more healthy nail care tips, visit with your nail stylist or dermatologist.

Nails are the strongest and hardest tissues of the body but it constantly needs certain minerals and vitamins to further strengthen it else it might crack.

College Term Papers

as far as i know nails are dead tissues,so i don't understand what fruits and other food stuff will help
    if u have healthy body u will have healthy nails vice versa
    calcium and phosphorous r important
    keep it clean
    u make me happy

thanks for the great tips!